help: active excursions with kids are our favorites

JollyDad

I'll be with my 3 kids, 11, 13, and 15 y/o in St Thomas on the Oasis late March on a day with 17000+ on port.

Our port time will be 8:00 am to 5:00 pm

We love active things.  Our favorite two excursions over the years have been the Baths when we stopped at Tortola and the Blue Hole in Jamaica.   Climbing things and jumping in the water from highish objects are always big hits.

We also love wildlife.  We were Captain Bob's boat there once and the kids liked it but did not love it.  Their favorite part was jumping off the boat to swim.    I think we would like seeing sea turtles up close, we saw them at a stop from Captain Bob's boat but they were far beneath us on the floor of the sea where we were snorkeling.  We are also looking for something active in St Thomas.

The rainforest adventures - Rockland Estate with the ride up to the mountain and the zip lines was my first choice although my 11 year old girl is a petite 65-70 pounds and about 56 inches tall and not large enough for everything they offer. She would have absolutely loved it; she is a real thrill seeker like her older brothers. I am scared of heights but they have helped me get over that over the years.

We are comfortable not going on ship excursions. Any ideas are welcome and appreciated.    

Look into Caribbean Paddling.  They rent kayaks and paddleboards to venture to Pinel Island. 

They also offer snorkel equipment for use.     Pinel Island has a lot to offer including hiking over to the smaller islands. 

One Note:  Research the ziplines because at 65 lbs, I have seen people get stuck.  My daughter got stuck in Belize so I always do extensive research if it involves zip lining. 

Thank you for the idea of Caribbean Paddling!  That looks perfect for us; it turns out kayaking is one of my daughter's favorite things and we love exploring places.  We should see some wildlife too, hopefully some kayaking and at least lots of iguanas on the island where dad is going to get some lobster for lunch.

We stopped at Pinel Island with Captain Bob's and thought it was a really cool place so I am happy to be able to have some more time there.  btw, I loved Captain Bob's boat ride and would highly recommend it; my kids liked the stops but are much bigger fans of actively kayaking or stand up paddle boarding than riding in a boat.