cave tour

anne-1

we are thinking og booking with them , sounds good , but the explination on meeting him seemed weird , walking outto the street walking to the light house then down the block , not stopping at other tour people that say they are him , Like I said I have heard good reports ,

Has anyone been with him within the last couple of months ,

Thank-you

We just went with Reggie last month and it was a great tour! I was a bit concerned about finding him when I saw his e-mail but let me tell you, he makes it sound a lot harder than it really is.

When you get off the tender, you will walk through the shops and out to the street. Once you are at the street, turn right and walk down just a bit and you will see his van/bus out by the stone sea wall that he might have mentioned in his e-mail. As you walk down the street, the vehicles will be parked to your right. It really was a piece of cake.

And while there are a lot of vendors trying to sell you tours, we never had anyone claim to be Reggie.

We were greated by his son, Jamai and the driver, Lionel. They also had a friend with them, Karen, that was along to help them out.

The ride to the park is about 45-hour and a bit bumpy at times but they talk the entire way, telling you about the history and culture.

Once you arrive, you will get your gear and get ready for the hike which isn't too difficult at all. You will have to cross the river at one point with the help of a rope "handrail." After hiking fora bit more, you will arrive at your entrance to the river. I jumped off the cliff (about 15 feet) which was a lot of fun but you can also get in from the river bank. Once you are all linked together, off you go for an amazing adventure!

With the short time that the Grand Princess was in port, we didn't have time for lunch afterwards. Instead, we just headed back to the pier. It gave us a little time to look around and then we hopped on a tender.

If you have any more questions about the tour, just let me know. I'll check back in on this thread.

We also did the same thing with Reggie. His son picked us up at the same spot. It wasn't hard at all. There was a security guard standing nearby "watching" us for the few minutes we waited for the van. Great time and not as crowded as the cruise ship and other tours.

You will find that Reggie is awesome. We have done his tour twice and feel like we know him. In fact his wife was the one that gave us Belize history on the way to the cave tubing. You can trust the whole group and they will watch your belongings on the van while you cave tube. Have been to many different islands on 13 cruises and that is the best excursion we could have taken with the most honest people running it.

HI;

When we were in Belize in December we went cave tubing with Reggie Tours and really had a fun time! They are great people, and his crew team is great-the walk through the rain forest and the cave tubing were great!

• 1 month later...

WERE BACK ,

I posted this ?? on cave tubing , I want everyone to know it was AWESOME ,

There was no problem finding the van that took us , It was a small group of twelve all from our ship , we had a nice tour of the town on the way to the caves , Lionel was our guide , Wonderful guy ,

Jungle walk was great no bugs, I did take the advice of someone and took Vitamin b-1 a week before the trip and every day on the trip , I heard bugs do not like B-1 in your system and will not bit , so we did this ?? maybe it worked , i saw a boy with Horrid bites from someplace , we had a great time at half the price of the ship , 4 or more booked was 45.00 and lunch at the jungle resturant was OUT of this world good Belize cooked chicken on the grill , rice Vegies and rum cake ALL for 5.00 WOW was it GOOD ,

I would highly recommend this tour, it is very safe and alot of fun , there is enough light coming through you never feel it is too dark , you do float out in the sun as well from time to time ,

A small group like this was very fun ,

Watch out if Lionel ask's if you want a cold beer , you may get wet if you say yes :D

Just do it , you will not regret it

Archived