QM2 & ORIANA comparisons!

capegirl

Hello capegirl...no..I am not able to compare as I haven't cruised with any of these ships.

Can you please post how you enjoyed your QM2 cruise.

What were the great things about the ship and the not so good.

Thanks.

Marleneann.

QM2 Yuletide Carribbean Cruise 14 days from NYC. Just back so thought some of you might be interested in my thoughts! Embarkation NYC - long queues - exhausting after flight - I think we all arrived at the same time although I was not one of the unlucky Brits whose BA plane took 14 hours to reach NYC and held up the ship! Britannia Cabin very clean and modern and very very comfortable bed and bedding! Hull balcony bigger than what we have had on P & O and we were able to put the loungers down flat. Would have preferred glass balacony as we had to stand to see out.

Entertainment, we found mediocre considering Christmas time. Only two dance routine shows in the whole 14 days. We enjoyed comedian and mime artistes. Enjoyed New Year's Eve party on deck, the group Xtrasea were fantastic.

Food, just okay. Don't believe Cunard saying early booking get good table in Britannia, we booked in February 2005 and were in an annexe next to the wait station. Did not complain due to the restaurant being full and our waiters very pleasant. Todd English - Britannia cruisers shoved together in empty restaurant for dinner once again near wait station. When I booked for dinner asked for window seat but said first come etc when we arrived no one was at window tables and also vacant when we left, definitely class system at Todd English. The food was okay would not bother again. The food we did enjoy enormously was the Lotus Thai and Chinese absolutely mouthwatering! King's Court luncheon - typical cruising push and shove.

The crew were very pleasant and accommodating. Did not go on any tours so cannot comment. We did our own thing at each island i.e. hired taxi to take us on a scenic tour which we found cheap and drivers were always interesting.

The ship on the whole is fantastic from the artwork, carpeting (something else!), history murals and furniture.

If anyone has any questions don't hesitate to ask!

Archived