Where to go in Roatan

NCEdwards4

We're going to meet a long lost friend of ours in Roatan. None of us know anything about the island, but I've read about West End. Would we be able to take a taxi there and find a restaurant on the beach to hang out and catch up?

Yes...but I think the beach and restaurants in West Bay are better...my opinion after seeing both places(West End was a fun place to shop)...

• 2 weeks later...

West Bay beach is prettier, but there are not many restaurants there. Best to meet and have lunch in West End and take a $2 water taxi over to West Bay. Dian's Garden of Eatin is highly recommended, Canibal's Mexican is good, we also liked Eagle Rays which was situated over the water. There also is Half Moon Bay restaurant.

West End has a good selection of restaurants of varying cuisines (local, italian, mexican, indian, vietnamese, argentinean, etc).

In West Bay, Bite on the Beach is good but it isn't open every day.

Andrea in Atlanta

Roatan bound for 2 weeks in April!

A super place to have a late breakfast or lunch is the Boulangerie. This is now located at the Beach House. The Beach House is the big yellow house to the right as you hit the beach junction at West End. Athena's breads and daily treats are to die for. You can sit on their deck overlooking Half Moon Bay with either water, soda or cervesa and a tasty treat or ice cream. Free internet with purchase for all of you who want to send a quick email home.

Anyway for you and your old friends to catch up... I would say, the perfect spot!

Best regards,

Island Dweller

Breakfast is good at the Boulangerie but i wouldn't recommend it for lunch. Now when I was there it was located yet in the beach house so they may of improved on the "looks" of the restaurant. I would recommend what they said above. I also like Las Rocas on West Bay, just past Bite on the Beach. Yet I usually had there chicken burritos. Sauces are really good here. You can also do something like Mayan Princess or some the places further down West Bay towards Tabyana. I recommend West End to West Bay but don't catch a taxi from the guys sitting at the entrance of West End. Walk out to the Road and get one for half ($5 instead of $10+.) A water taxi adds to the experience.

Stop at the walkway over the canal to snorkel, power snorkel, snuba or clear kayak at Gumbalimba Park beach www.gumbalimbapark.com

Archived