Dress Code for Men on Princess Ships

bambam

I did see a couple of sweat shirts in the d.r. on our cruise. One of them was at our table so I was waiting to see the maitre' d reaction when he came by. When he did, he cracked a joke. If he had thought it strange, he wasn't go to send off the guy to change. Maybe more and more, people are relaxing what they are wearing.

BTW, my guy didn't have to wear a tux to get some fun. I love him no matter what he wears.;) :D

Speedos and a bathrobe are fine for the diningroom, just don't sit near an AC vent.

Years ago on one of the old Sitmar ships each night they would tell you what the dress of the day was and for formal nights they put coat and tie required. I will never forget the night a guy tried to get into the dining room wearing a pair of speedos, shoes, socks and a tie and coat and nothing else and insisting he met the dress code. Back then people were a LOT more strict about it and I wonder if he ever got in.

Kim

For the younger, not so "old-fashioned" men on board, you can get away with jeans on 'smart-casual' nights in the dining room. Not holey jeans that are ripped and torn. And not ones that are faded and have stains all over them. NICE dark jeans that fit nicely and have some style to them. This can be accompanied with a cool button-up shirt. A trendy sport coat can also be used.

When wearing jeans, have some sense of style. Don't just throw on some ratty pair of jeans because you're being lazy. And don't wear Adidas sweat outfits to dinner. This is by far worse than wearing jeans.

Cruising is changing and a new generation of cruisers are emerging. Prepare. :D

Just got back from the CB last night (great cruise!) and there were a lot of people wearing jeans and sneakers (one guy had on boots spattered with paint - looked like his work boots) in the anytime dining room.

One night there was a table near us with about 4 out of 8 people wearing a radio station's promotional tshirts, shorts and "teva" sandals. I don't understand why the ship bothers to put a sign outside saying "tshirts and shorts not allowed" and then not enforce it!

This definite lightened up my packing load. It will also allow me to pack only 2-pairs of shoes (I'll be wearing the 3rd pair)....

Thongs and Speedos in the dining room....NOT a pretty visual....:eek:

And thanks for the thoughts Leigh and Robin!!! Miss you too!!;)

Happy sails, folks!!:D

Archived