Should I do a live review starting on day 2 on the equinox 3.16.19

icemountain561

11 hours ago, keesar said:

The Captain's Club hostess is Edrilyn.   She was very friendly and helpful.  And she was the only hostess in all our cruises to remember both  our names.  At the Elegant High Tea, she helped out the servers in presenting items.  Very kind of her.

Well you beat me to the high tea review. I don't think she helped the servers for the high tea today. But she didn't need to. There were at least 4 servers for maybe 20ish people. I couldn't keep up with the pastries they kept bringing. The food was good. But Their tea quality is seriously lacking though. And this coming from an American lol. 

Edited by icemountain561

Let me preface this by saying, you need to have a basic knowledge of celebrity to understand what I'm talking about. 

Day 5 and day 6.. Punta cana and sea day...... I think I already laid out an evaluation of Punta cana. But I will say, my cruise mate was looking forward to possibly docking in samana, Dr because it's whale mating season and they would of offered an excursion to see the whales. 

Dinner in mursno was long (3 hours) but we did order a lot of food. Plus all of my 3 entrees were prepared tableside. So that should tell you what I ordered. I think I pissed off the sommelier by not going with her suggestion and not liking what she poured. But that's the wine world and I like what I like. She only came back at the very end after we were done. Kinda like a you don't want anything else right? Move. 

The food in mursno is really tasty. However the quality still isn't great. The château is tender and good. But, it's not a prime grade piece of meat. Just like the lobster is still Florida/warm water lobster, not cold/Maine lobster. And in murano, for the up charge....the quality should be better. I also had the dover sole for the first time. It was good, not fishy and with the sauce it was decent. But I would still prefer a wild salmon, ahi tuna, or grouper fillet/steak to the sole. I think the menu is still from Jaques van stadden and just needs to be tweeked slightly. He came after chef Michelle Roux when celebrity was really trying to cut back. 

Day 6....sea day.... 

Today I took my time waking up and having breakfast. Celebrity wants everyone to have room service breakfast by 9:30 am and I say nay nay. So room service brings the food and I go back to sleep after. 

I eventually awoke to the ship rocking. Finally! I'm on a cruise ship and not a floating hotel. If you get Woosey or sea sick from mild rocking, stay on land and go to a Ritz or all inclusive. Ships move! Expect a moderate level of movement. 

Oh and just to throw her under the bus, the bartender at Slush today was aweful. She looked new and was very slow. I ordered the guava passion and she put so much cayenne pepper in it I couldn't drink it. If I had actually paid money for it, I would have been pissed. 

Today was also high tea, I belive my overview was summarized in a response. 

The indoor pool today was sloshing back and forth. It was fun watching the people in it getting pounded by the waves. The main outdoor pools were much calmer though. There appeared to be a kids pool and an adults outside pool today? 

Sunset from sky bar during the captains club party was really nice tonight. 

Dinner in the MDR was 2nd night evening chic/formal night. I ordered 3 entrées, screw you food police. The beef Wellington was horrible. The puff pastry wasn't fully cooked, the mushroom douxelle barley had a flavor. As I stated another day, it's not made with beef tenderloin anymore. Which actually wasn't a huge deal, but the "truffle sauce" was completely bland. I actually questioned if my taste buds were malfunctioning due to the wine or escargot. I ate a piece of the asparagus and it tasted like asparagus. So I knew it wasn't me. The lobster was ok, but the duck orange was really good and flavourful. It's not crispy, but come on, It's the MDR, you can't have everything. 

The adult show tonight was the wedding game show. It was neither adult nor very entertaining. This cruise director really is the pitts. He's from ncl and either gets the celebrity audience very well or not at all. To me it's not at all. 

I won't complain anymore about quasar or sky closing early bc well how many times can I do that? But I will say...sky closed early again, but quasar stayed open. However, the dj left early. Nsy, quit early and left everyone standing around like *****? I eventually asked the assistant bar manager to turn the music back on. He admitted the dj should not have left an attempted to turn the music back on but couldn't figure it out. 

That's it for now. 

20190321_215415.jpg

20190321_190609.jpg