Canada Place-Enterprise Rent a Car-Luggage Transfer?

We are sailing up to Vancouver on March 26 on the Emerald Princess from Los Angeles. 

We've reserved a rental car with Enterprise which says it's in the Pan Pacific Hotel.

I use a rollator and we need to get from the ship to the rental car office, are there porters available to assist with luggage transfer? And approximately how far is it from the ship to the Enterprise counter? 

We do the same trip south on April 15, so I'm hoping for porters from the car rental return to the ship.

Thanks.

There are porters around - and as someone with a visible need for such it shouldn't be too hard for you to get hold of one.

Rental cars for both desks inside the 'hotel' and 'pier' operations are all in the same place as the ship - it's literally one building with hotel rooms on the highest floors, restos/hotel reception and some office/convention space below those but still above ground level, street level access into the hotel front door/convention rooms, and ramps to both walk and drive down into the actual cruise pier part (there's another separate road access even further down that allows big logistic deliveries to never go near all the cabs and buses bringing passengers in, like the many trucks full of cruise food). Off-season the 'pier' operations of the rental companies don't operate - since your cruise is really early this might be why you are being told it's inside the hotel. This isn't a huge, spread out port though, worst case you'd have to walk a hundred yards or so further?

Living walking distance from the pier I can't say that I've ever paid particular notice to exactly where the rental car desk locations are in terms of distance from the ship, but the total horizontal distance from the ship to the street in front is maybe three hundred yards from the gangway of a ship on the East berth where Emerald will be to the street. Elevators do connect all the floors - but not all the banks of them serve every floor. If memory serves the elevators nearer the ships do the garage levels, while the ones inside the hotel run only from street level upward.

Car rental return you may have more trouble with - if you're bringing the car back the same day you're cruising there will be porters on-site (if it's not a cruise day you return the car though, there will be none). Best bet is to drive into the drop-off area where the bags can be handed over and yourself and any passengers who want to minimise walking can also get out, then the driver goes to the car return (which may involve exiting Canada Place and then heading back inside).

We do have some frequent visitors who post here, including folks from Seattle who I know have done the car rental thing both ways - hopefully one of those folks will be along to confirm more precise info for you before long.

BTW - very brave of you to do BOTH the cruises bracketing a long Dry Dock!

Thanks for your reply. 

I've called the car rental people and they didn't seem to know about luggage transfer from the dock to their office, or if the porters can assist. But the fellow did confirm they were inside the Pan Pacific at cruise level. So, I'm assuming it's pretty straightforward. I'm just hoping the porter can help in taking our luggage to the rental desk. 

Returning, you are right, maybe that will be another scenario. Dropping off dockside may work and then taking care of the car or I may return the car a day earlier, and taxi down to the terminal. 

The reason we're willing to wait until the Emerald finishes dry dock in Victoria (I believe) is we have friends and family in the Vancouver area and my Mom is in Seattle. I lived in Vancouver for a number of years (that's where my wife and I met) I haven't been to the Pan Pacific for a long time and have never cruised from Vancouver, but I am looking forward to traveling through Canada Place. I still remember Expo 86 and how exciting it was when Canada Place was completed. 

Again, thanks for your help.