Barcelona train tickets - which ones do I need?

I've been exploring the internet and this cruise critic board for information concerning what train tickets we need to purchase while in Barcelona 2 nights / 3 days pre-cruise to see the major sights. Can someone help? I'm confused over what a T-10 Card is vs. a TMB metro & bus pass vs. a Bus Turistic pass. I don't want to pay for the same thing twice. Here is what we are considering seeing/doing:

1 - Train from airport to hotel

2 - Seeing the sights of Barcelona on the Bus Touristic (From what I can tell, the bus touristic will take us to all of the main sights?).

3 - Visiting Montserrat on our own via train

4 - Getting from the hotel to the port (Is the only way to do this via taxi with our luggage?).

Thanks.

We also had 2 nights pre-cruise in Barcelona. Stayed in a hotel near Placa Catalunya, which was convenient to take the Airport Bus to for less than 4E each. After that we bought subway tickets (10 for 6.3E) - I think we could have used these on the buses as well, but we were able to get to all of the sites we wanted to by subway. From the hotel to pier, we took a taxi at 11.5E plus tip. (this was well worth it because otherwise it meant taking luggage on the subway or bus to get to the shuttle bus which goes to the pier.) We didn't do the Turistic bus because we were comfortable finding our way around by subway, and we did a lot of walking to sightsee. Also didn't plan to go to Montserrat because there was so much to see in Barcelona and although we had 2 nights there, we only had a part day on our arrival day and also on embarkation day.

Have fun planning your cruise!

Archived