Sun Cuba Cruise July, 2019

ChefLisaLu

Hi Everyone!

This is my first post regarding my first ever cruise!  I am so excited but I have a few questions that I can't seem to find the answer to (I'm sure if I keep digging but, well, you know...)

1.  We need a Cuba Visa (myself 43, husband 45 and son 14) and I cannot figure out how to get one!  The NCL website states to go through VisaCentral but when I click on the link it says it cannot help with Cuba.  I called VisaCentral and they said that NCL does not allow them to handle Cuba Visas!  Help!

2.  I booked touring with Strawberry Tours and the tour starts at 9:30 am.  I watched the Scott Singer (who I am obsessed with now) series and it looks like it takes a long time to go through customs.  Should I be prepared to miss this tour?

3.  I know I need a credit card for my on board account but can I end up paying cash?

4.  Will this be enjoyable for my son?  We travel A LOT, we are going to Peru in June, and he likes culture and history but I am starting to get nervous about the time spent on the ship.

5.  Any other tips or tricks for this particular cruise?  I am totally open for suggestions.

Full Disclosure... I cruised Ponant one time before but I think that is going to be a completely different experience!

Thank you very much for your help!

Lisa

@ChefLisaLu

1) Our Visa was handled by NCL. The $75 fee was built into our cruise fare and was given to us at check-in.

2) As long as you don't dawdle over breakfast, etc. you should be fine. I don't think customs took us more than 15 minutes.

3) You don't have to put a CC down. You can put cash on at the beginning. It's called a cash account.

4) He should be fine. There are things for that age group to do while on the ship.

5) It will be HOT in Cuba. I went in June and wow. Please make sure to have water and appropriate clothing.

I am also EXTREMELY confused with this question:

"1.  We need a Cuba Visa (myself 43, husband 45 and son 14) and I cannot figure out how to get one!  The NCL website states to go through VisaCentral but when I click on the link it says it cannot help with Cuba.  I called VisaCentral and they said that NCL does not allow them to handle Cuba Visas!  Help!"

The two posts replying seem to give different information...

Is it automatically a part of our cruise fare that we've already paid, or do we need to call and ask for NCL to do this for us?

Any current information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!!

23 minutes ago, cruisingteachers4 said:

I am also EXTREMELY confused with this question:

"1.  We need a Cuba Visa (myself 43, husband 45 and son 14) and I cannot figure out how to get one!  The NCL website states to go through VisaCentral but when I click on the link it says it cannot help with Cuba.  I called VisaCentral and they said that NCL does not allow them to handle Cuba Visas!  Help!"

The two posts replying seem to give different information...

Is it automatically a part of our cruise fare that we've already paid, or do we need to call and ask for NCL to do this for us?

Any current information would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!!!

I'm going in April.  The NCL cruise consultant told us about the Visa requirement when we booked and I opted to get the visa through NCL.  The price was added to my cruise invoice.  On the NCL website, when I go to "vacation summary" and click on the + beside "payment", it shows the Visa Fee as a separate $75 right next to Cruise Fare.  What I almost missed is that there is actually a form that is e-mailed to you which you need to fill out and submit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DorothyB said:

What I almost missed is that there is actually a form that is e-mailed to you which you need to fill out and submit.

I never filled out a form... I did call NCL and I see on my cruise docs I have the Visa, but what form did you fill out?

and cruisingteachers4 - you have to call them - its not automatically added to your fare - 

Edited by C cruise

8 hours ago, C cruise said:

I never filled out a form... I did call NCL and I see on my cruise docs I have the Visa, but what form did you fill out?

I looked in my e-m and didn't find it easily.  I did find some quotes in an e-m about it.  It was referred to as an OFAC form and " Norwegian Cruise Line Travel Affidavit "  Try going here and scrolling down to the section on Cuba https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents

On 3/22/2019 at 12:14 PM, JennyB1977 said:

@ChefLisaLu

1) Our Visa was handled by NCL. The $75 fee was built into our cruise fare and was given to us at check-in.

2) As long as you don't dawdle over breakfast, etc. you should be fine. I don't think customs took us more than 15 minutes.

3) You don't have to put a CC down. You can put cash on at the beginning. It's called a cash account.

4) He should be fine. There are things for that age group to do while on the ship.

5) It will be HOT in Cuba. I went in June and wow. Please make sure to have water and appropriate clothing.

Hi Jenny. We are going June 17th to Cuba. Can u give me an idea of how hot?  Lol I’m getting nervous. Thank you 😊

2 hours ago, DorothyB said:

I looked in my e-m and didn't find it easily.  I did find some quotes in an e-m about it.  It was referred to as an OFAC form and " Norwegian Cruise Line Travel Affidavit "  Try going here and scrolling down to the section on Cuba https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/cruise-travel-documents

what did you pick for the reason? in support of the cuban people? or something different?