Mykonos late October

morebeaches

We will be in Mykonos on the Edge October 26th. I was hoping to do a day pass at a beach resort or a beach. I'm finding many, many things shut down mid-October in Mykonos, including, Saint John Resort and Anax. I'm guessing that is also the case with many bars and restaurants on the popular beaches. Can anyone with Mykonos experience after the season closes give me some insight on a nice beach day with amenities that late in the year? 

A beach day relies on the weather.

And the weather will be pretty unreliable in late October. :classic_sad:

I daren't say that it won't be beach weather because weather is pretty fickle, but it's probable - hence you're finding resorts, beach bars etc closed.

If you're lucky you'll have your beach day, and in excellent weather there'll probably be a bar or cafe or two that opens at short notice. But don't bank on it.

Mykonos is a super little town (village?), a maze of immaculate little alleyways backed by its picture-postcard line of windmills. Milder weather than much of the eastern Mediterranean and daytime temperatures around 20c, ideal sightseeing weather if it's not wet. Plenty to keep you amused and with a good-sized cruise ship or two in town you'll find shops and harbour-front bars & cafes open. And probably the town's pelican patrolling the harbour. :classic_cool:

There's a bit of a beach at one end of the harbour but it's very basic and unattractive. For a good beach you need a taxi ride.

Get your beach stuff ready, but decide at the last minute whether to take it ashore with you.

JB :classic_smile: