"Persuading" maitre d' to find a table for 2

Yorkies Rule

On past RCCL cruises we have been able to do so. Just received our Spirit docs. and it indicates this is a no-no. (Don't recall this being mentioned on RCCL docs.) Anybody here had any experience with this on Carnival? Thks. for any comments.

It just says that they don't encourage or expect gratuities for specific dining arrangements. It still can't hurt to ask without bribing them.

OR, call your PVP and have them see if it can be arranged.

Lido Deck Linda

dudes.gif

062802jumpie_prv.gif033102food_1_prv.gif062802drink_prv.gif082502cheers_prv.gif

Fantasy 2/6/2000

Victory 3/23/2003

Destiny 4/25/2004

If you are unhappy for any reason with your dining arrangements you can "request" a change. Do it ASAP so you can be at the head of the list. When you recieve your sail and sign card it will have your table number on it. Simply go to the dining room and scope it out. Either the Maitre' D or a his assistant will be available to take your request. You will have to dine at your original table the first night however. If they make a change they will slip a notice under your cabin door.

carnival.jpg

Tony

2004 Legend March 28th

2003 Paradise

2002 Paradise

2000 Destiny

1999 Fascination

1998 Fantasy

On the Pride and Legend I was able to get a table for two. Make sure that you get to the dining room when the specified time shown in the Capers is announced to get your table assignment changed. I had my table changed on the first night on both of those cruises.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We requested a large table on the Legend (Dec 2003) and got assigned to a two top. We love sitting at a large table, meeting new people and talking about the day. After dinner the first night we asked to be switched. Notice came under our door the next morning. Sitting at a six top the second night.

5/23 Victory cruise

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400

D. Jessup

Carnival Legend, Panama, 2003

Norwegian Star, Hawaii,2001

Aida, Sicily 1999

Fasination San Juan-1995

Carnival's cruise documents (the Welcome Aboard packet) contains the statement "To be fair to all of our guests, your Maitre D' does not encourage and will not accept gratuities to ensure specific dining reservations or arrangements." I think the OP wants to know, and I am curious as well, will extending a gratuity increase your chances of having your special request fulfilled or will the gratuity be refused?

Stan

Next up:

Carnival Miracle 5/9/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;5;9;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0400<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif

RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 1994

RCCL Viking Serenade 1997

RCI Grandeur of the Seas 2002

RCI Radiance of the Seas 2002

HAL Zaandam 2003

I'm kind of thinking they are DIScouraging this type of 'tip' to get what you want because those who don't think to tip for a table change might come out with the short straw.

Lido Deck Linda

dudes.gif

062802jumpie_prv.gif033102food_1_prv.gif062802drink_prv.gif082502cheers_prv.gif

Fantasy 2/6/2000

Victory 3/23/2003

Destiny 4/25/2004

We went at the specified time and asked the maitre d' for a table for two on our Imagination cruise a year ago (before it said this in the docs.) He created a table for us where there wasn't one before! We tried to give him a tip for this but he refused it. That's probably what would happen.

Cheers, Michelle P.

Jubilee 5/9/02

Fantasy 9/5/02

Millennium 12/15/02

Imagination 5/8/03

Millennium 12/14/03

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FF0033&cdt=2004;05;07;21;59;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Fascination 5/7/04

Thank you all so much for your replies.

Stanh - yes, I did pose the question because of the "instructions" re DR arrangements in the Welcome Aboard packet we just received.

MichelleP - same thing happened to us on the Radiance. A table for 2 was created for us! Our tip was accepted though. hee hee

Anyway, we'll see what table is assigned to us once we board in a couple of weeks and we're now thinking maybe having a Cat. 11 will help our cause???????? And maybe we're worrying for nothing????

I can let you know once we return......... and again thanks for getting back to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yorkies Rule:

we're now thinking maybe having a Cat. 11 will help our cause????????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not likely that it has anything whatsoever to do with it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>And maybe we're worrying for nothing????<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>No maybes about it.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Archived