Scuba - Grand Cayman - Valor 2/5/06

brijack

We are looking to do some diving in GC from the Valor on 2/5. It appears the shore excursion version is sold out. Any suggestions on good dive companies? We want it to work out well and dont want to miss the dive or be late back to the ship!!

Looking forward to meeting others onboard!:)

I dived in Grand Cayman last yeat on the Miracle. I booked on the ship. It was the worst dive I was ever on. I dived in Grand Cayman before and it was great. All of the storms have really taken it out of the diving there. We saw and im not kidding about three fish on a two tank dive. It was so bad after the first dive we asked if we could go to a wreck. They told us after the storms, all of the wrecks were gone. I guess so were all the fish too. Bob Soto was the dive CO. I also dived in Cozumel, and Belize that cruise. Both were dives I will never forget. I dont know if you are stopping there if you are dont miss out on those two ports for diving. All the dive;s I booked on the ship. If you are late comming back they will wait. Also for the dive in Belize the dive boat pulled right up to the ship and took us we diden't have to tender to Belize first. That saved alot of time. Good luck I hope you have great dive's Alex

I've always booked my dive excursions in Cayman off the ship. In Cozumel, Eagle Ray Divers are great and super cheap. There are only 2 private dive shops in Belize. The dives coordinated through the ship tend to be more conservative, so if at all possible, book privately.

Try Red Sail, They have 8 shops on the island. They will send a brochure. 877 red sail.
You can't book directly with Red Sail if you are cruising on Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruise Line, or The Disney Cruise Line. They are the dive excursion contractor for these cruise lines.

They might be a good choice for people who are inexperienced, once a year warm water divers who don't mind large boats, large groups, doing follow the leader dives of limited bottom time. They wouldn't be my first choice.

Archived