QM2 Questions re: Junior Suite and Dining

sfvoyager

Good Evening,

I have searched thoroughly through the web, and on the threads, but can't seem to find a good series of pics of the Junior Suites. All I find are small thumbs. Does anyone have some great pics of a P1-P3 suite available?

While I look forward to trying the Princess Grill, I am also curious about experiencing the Britannia Dining Room. Is it possible to eat there as well if you are assigned the Princess Grill?

While I look forward to trying the Princess Grill, I am also curious about experiencing the Britannia Dining Room. Is it possible to eat there as well if you are assigned the Princess Grill?

During the 12/8 Caribbean cruise, someone called two of our tablemates and asked if they would switch to the second seating that evening in the Britannia. While we were dining on the lower level in front of the mural that evening, we noticed that there were new people dining at three of the tables. Since we noticed this just the one time, I have the impression that the Grill passengers can't just show up at the Britannia and dine. Even though Britannia passengers can choose to dine in an alternative venue, the seats at the tables are reserved for them even if they don't eat there. Also, I think that the tables in our area on the lower level of the Britannia in front of the mural are the popular tables. I didn't speak with the new people, so I don't know if they were Princess Grill and/or Queen's Grill.

Also, Grill passengers can eat breakfast and lunch in the Britannia at any of the tables, since they aren't assigned tables for these two meals. After I booked our cruise, I asked to be taken off of the upgrade list, because I really wanted to dine in the Britannia for dinner. We really liked the 11th deck and enjoyed dining in the Britannia every evening!

If Grill passengers wish to dine in the Britannia where are they to be seated? I would not be happy to be asked to move to acommodate a Grill passenger, though if there was an unused table (which would be likely to be in the far corner next to the wheelchair entrance) why not.

David.

There are usually tables available in Brittania because they have a few unassigned on each sailing and because people choose Todd English or other alternate restuarants which require reservations. That being said, we had a tough time enjoying dinner in Brittania in other than the regularly assigned table. It is subtle but the wait and wine staff get to know you and when you are a walk in you can be somewhat ignored. It did not work for us twice on our last trip. (we were assigned early, preferred to dine late and were told to just show up--we told them in advance and it was still a disaster. Having enjoyed Queens grill on one sailing I would say the difference in service is notable. Now, Todd English......

Archived