? for TrentS: seeking Hampton Inn info FLL

KSLori

I have a pre cruise stay booked at the Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport at 2500 Stirling Rd....and a post cruise stay booked at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North on SW 12th Ave.

The price was right. (I used my Hilton Honors points to book free nights.)

Can you tell me what is within walking distance of each hotel (in the way of shopping and dining)?

Or can anyone else help me? Please advise.

Thank you in advance!

There's a large collection of stores and restaurants in a series of strip malls called OAKWOOD PLAZA a block west of the Hampton Inn on Stirling Road.

There isn't much around the other Hampton Inn, except a Publix in a small strip mall across the street. That one is just off of State Road 84, not a very good neighborhood, and not an area you want to walk around in, especially at night!

There is a shopping Mall right down the street from the Hotal and at the far end of the mall there is a dinner that looks like a train coach that the wife and I eat at when we are next door to your hotel which is the comfort inn the dinner reminds us of Happy days at Al dinner the hambergers and choc. Malts are to kill for we always eat there because it is very resonable and all you do on the ship is eat so have a good time on vacation Ron

Trent and Ron-

Thank you for the valuable information. Since we are two women traveling alone, I especially appreciate the note about the questionable neighborhood.

I'm looking into changing that reservation.

Thank you again!

Ron is talking about Starlite Diner... It's a newer place, but looks like an old 1950's diner, and is in Oakwood Plaza, near the Hampton Inn on Stirling Road. There are also a large number of other chain restaurants in that area.

Well, I cancelled the post cruise stay at the Hampton Inn Airport North location. And the options were limited, so I booked the Hilton Garden Inn in Dania Beach. Sounds like it's in the same general vicinity in that it's also near the Oakwood Plaza.

I think I've been to Starlite Diner. In 2001 I stayed at what used to be the Hilton. I think it's now the Wyndam; but it was across the street from the Hilton at the time. If my memory serves me....

Thanks again.

No, there's nothing across from the Wyndham that used to be the Hilton except the Sheraton.

Anyway, yes, if the SE 17th Street hotels are full, then the area around Oakwood Plaza is the next best choice. The Hilton Garden Inn is just across the street and seems to get good reviews.

Archived