Just back from the Dawn 1/12 trip.

viennastatic

Hey here's a quick review of the Dawn. I am just back from the 1/12 sailing. The seas were the smoothist I've seen in a long time. I was on the 4/10/05 sailing that got hit with the 70 foot waive so I know what bad seas are all about :)

Anyway - the cruise was great from start to finish, my daugther loves the Kid Crew staff - they were awsome! I loved Salsa we went there twice, get the fahitas but you have to ask for grated cheese :)

The Cruise director, Linda, was annoying and I didn't think she was any good. Please bring back Colon he was hysterical.

Benny the bartender in the Start Bar is great we got hammered up there many a night - definately attend his Martini clinic on the first and last sea days $10 and you get 3 martinis. I didn't care for Cagneys and they didn't offer the half price discount like they used to. La Bistro was good, so was Tappenyaki - but I didn't care for Bamboo at all - everything seemed really dry. We liked the Blue Lagoon for a quick bite and if you order the Hot wings make sure you ask for extra hot sauce - I like them HOT!

They need to get a new band for the Pool Deck - Rythm Explosion has been on the boat for over a year now and their music is really stale.

Thats all for now - if I can think of more to write I'll come let you know.

Rob

Rob~

We are going on the Dawn in April but my inlaws just got back from the 1/12 sailing and they said the water was rough :) :) :)

I take what they say with a grain of salt but I thought it was funny about how everyones' perception is so different :) :)

Glad you had a great time!

Rob~

We are going on the Dawn in April but my inlaws just got back from the 1/12 sailing and they said the water was rough :) :) :)

I take what they say with a grain of salt but I thought it was funny about how everyones' perception is so different :) :)

Thats funny - no they weren't rough at all. All people are different - but I'll tell you that at their worst the seas were never higher than 12-14 feet. That was maybe one night - the rest of the cruise we were in 7-8 footers - thats as good as you can expect on any cruise when you are in the open seas.

Rob

Rob~

We are going on the Dawn in April but my inlaws just got back from the 1/12 sailing and they said the water was rough :)

Rough :rolleyes: - They better stay with river cruises. Here is the first sea day.

Dawn01132006b.jpg.b985005f6c02051c282d987928823dc8.jpg

LOL!! Shoreguy!!

...When my inlaws called to tell us about their cruise they mentioned the water was rough and people were sick and I said to my husband "No way!".....for a bunch of reasons but mainly because the Dawn is a huge ship (we were on it in 2003) and we never even felt like we were moving....I just didn't believe them....

.....So, I knew they were kooky but Rob(Love to Drum) just confirmed it :)

Archived