Tendering time for Inspiration in Cozumel?

kcmom

We're scheduled on the Inspiration in March. My teens would really like to do the Atlantis submarine ride and I'd like to book it independently. I understand that we arrive at 7:00 LOCAL TIME. We'd like to do a 10:00 Submarine ride. Is there anyone who has been on the Inspiration that can give me an idea of tendering time?

The Atlantis people suggested an 11:00 time, but it seems amazing to me that it would take 4 hours to get off the ship.

We have a snorkeling excursion that afternoon that is the conflict.

kcmom

We were on the Inspiration in May. We didn't do any excursions, we just wanted to walk around the town. If I remember correctly, passengers with excursions booked thru Carnival had first dibs at the tender boats. We had breakfast, drank some more coffee, watched the tender boats taking passengers to shore. I think we waited about 1 1/2 hour, then got in line. I'm pretty sure that we were on shore and exploring by 9:00/9:30. You should be able to find some reviews from some other CC's that have been on the Inspiration more recently than us. Good Luck and Have A Blast!!!!

Here's some pictures from our May 05 cruise.

http://community.webshots.com/user/mattmdv

No cruises booked, but just about always on my mind.

Matt

I was just on the Inspiration Jan 5. Make sure you get in line early to get tender tickets. Now I understand our time in port was different than yours will be, but this will give you a general idea of timing. We got in line for tender tickets at 8:15 and they started passing them out at 8:30. We were in group 2. At 9:25 ship employees walked us all down to the gangway. and we were on Cozumel by about 10:00. The tender held about 350 people, it didn't take long at all to load and the actual ride to the island was only about 5-10 minutes. I was at Paradise Beach with a yard of Dos Equis in my hand by 10:45 !!!:D

Hope this helps...have a great trip!

Archived