Sanford, FL hotel????

loveysbydesign

Wow .. I grew up in Sanford and still live in the Orlando area. THe only place I can think of that is close and would maybe be nice is a Holiday Inn Express that is probably about 3 or 4 miles form the Sanford Airport. Here is the info on it:

Holiday Inn Express

SANFORD (LAKE MARY AREA)

3401 S. ORLANDO DR (US17-92)

SANFORD, FL 32771

UNITED STATES

Hotel Reservations: 1-888-HOLIDAY (888-465-4329)

Hotel Front Desk: 1-407-3200845

Really ... staying in Sanford near the airport is really not going to be something you would enjoy a great deal in my opinion.

My question is are you flying in for a cruise? If so .. I am guessing it is out or Port Canaveral? How are you getting to the port?

I ask because it might be better to get a hotel closer to Orlando .. or actualy over in Cocoa.

If you can provide some additional info maybe we all can provide better suggestions to help you out. I'll keep my eyes open for your next post.

We're actually doing WDW for 1 wk. before our cruise and then will spend 2 days at Sea World after the cruise. We fly home Sun. morning and our flight leaves at 9:30a.m. -so we need an inexpensive place to stay the night before our flight. We have 2 kiddos who are hard to wake up in the morning so we don't want to stay more than 1/2 hour away from the airport. I've been checking around and the ones closest to the airport are of course the most expensive-LOL!!!! I did find the Comfort Inn North on Rte 434 in Longwood for only $64.00 night...it says it's 15 miles from the airport. The Holiday Inn comes in at $80.00. Anybody stayed at the Comfort inn North? Thanks for your help!

Ok .. that helps ..

The Comfort Inn you mention is inexpensive for a reason. It has changed ownership many times over the years and really is not very nice

I actually got to thinking and You should check Lake Mary, FL.

There are a number of hotels in Lake Mary right by Interstate 4.

When you are looking at directions to these hotels .. they should mention being just off of Lake Mary Blvd.

The cool thing is is is only about another 6-7 miles from the hotel I mentioned previously ... but the area is much nicer. In addition, Lake Mary Blvd will give you an almost direct shot to the Sanford Airport.

It might be a few more bucks to stay in that area ... but the hotels are much newer.

Good Luck!

Check out the Comfort Inn and Suites in Sanford as my company has a corporate account there. I've probably stayed there a total of 20 nights. It's pretty new and MANY restaurants near by. On one side, there is a Crackerbarrel, Outback and McDonalds. The other side has an open field with a small lake. It is located right off the freeway but I've never noticed the noise. Every room has a micro and fridge. Free continental breakfast. Only negative for me is that the bathroom is very small. It's approx 7 miles to the airport via the toll road ($.50 if I remember and no traffic). There is a huge mall with more restaurants down the street.

I have also stayed at the Marriott and Hampton Inn in Lake Mary. Both new with shops and restaurants near by. No free breakfast though.

I know people who have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express and did not care for it. Even though it's new, they said it was cheaply made.

There is also a Days Inn and Super 8 but they don't look too appealing.

I'll be heading back to the Comfort Inn and Suites next month after my 7-night Mexican Riviera cruise.

Hope this helps.

Archived