How do I obtain those drinks coupons everyone is talking about?

Kartz125

Hi Again,

Lately, people on the boards have been talking of drink coupons being delivered either to them at dinner the first night or in their room. How do I get my hands on these? Does buying these tickets in advance save money? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks! I love you all!!!!

They will save you a few cents. You can order them at www.carnival.com then click on gifts then most poplar items page 2 then bar credits or you can call 1-800-522-7648. You wil have to register at the Carnival site if you are not already registered and your will need your booking and room numbers.

We bought them a couple times...and back then they really did save you money.

But they raised the prices and the past couple times I checked they just did not seem worth the bother....something else to keep track of, etc....since they were not longer a bargin.

They do make nice gifts though.

We purchased them for our cruise in February and they saved about $.75 per drink (I purchased drinks costing $4.95). My husband would drink beer at dinner and we would not use them for that. We received them at dinner on our 1st night. They really weren't a bother and it really helped reduce the sign and sail bill.

8/25 Carnival Spirit

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;8;25;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Conquest 2/03

Glory 2/04

Our kids sent us some drink coupons and while the gesture was lovely, they were kind of a pain. You had to carry them with you and then some of the drinks were more than the ticket value. Some servers just accepted the ticket and didn't charge you any more, but others did. This time I am just putting a dollar a day (192 days to go) in a jar for my liquid refreshments and won't bother with tickets.

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/04

We actually order them for every cruise. We find them just as easy to carry with us as our s&s card and they really do help keep your bill down at the end of the cruise. We order them every other week when my dh gets paid and then they are delivered in the dining room the first nite. We find them to be a good thing!!!

met_MIRACLEARRIVES6.jpgcountdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;5;9;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Miracle May 9, 2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Legend Party October 22, 2004

Holiday May 2, 1987

Imagination Jan 22, 2001

Victory Sept 13, 2003

Miracle May 9, 2004

Legend Oct 22, 2004

I can assume that if the drink is less than the coupon you dont get credit???? Is taht the reason you don't buy beer with the coupon?? If they are left at the end of the cruise can you cash them in at the pursers desk

UNTIL WE SAIL AGAIN.......

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2005;5;8;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Weswas, last I heard, the beer equaled the cost of one ticket. I think that's why people use them for the more expensive drinks. I also heard that the drink coupons never expire - therefore, if you don't use all of them this time, you can save the remainder for your next cruise. The up side to this was that if you purchase them now at their current price, you can still use them - even if drink prices go up, which they have in the last year or two.

Sensation 5/15/2004

• 2 months later...

Bar Credit (4 Drink Cpns) costs $19.50 or $4.87 per drink. Since I have added my booking # to carnival.com, I have received an email (from Carnival) about different items I can purchase to make my cruise even better. Instead of buying drink coupons, you could look into purchasing shipboard credit. That's another way to decrease the impact of the Sail & Sign bill at the end of the week. Lucky for me the price of the cruise went down, so I already have a $100 credit waiting for me. :D

In answer to the question, beer and the drink of the day are cheaper than the coupons.

Change is not given, so those aren't good things to spend the coupons on. Buy Margaritas or Call Brands and you save about .50 or so per drink because gratuity is included. Now that they have added the Fun Ship Dollars though, I'll probably use them more than the Drink Coupons.... Email all of your close friends and family the Carnival site and let them buy you bon voyage gifts!! :)

my dh and i bought 64 coupons prior to our glory cruise and we used them all, imagine if we had waited to buy them on our s&s card? cruising again in aug. still buying them.

I always order the coupons. They are very easy to use and if you have nay left over, you just use them on the next carnival cruise. Since we usually drink mixed and frozen drinks these coupons are great. And it doesn't go on your sign and sail.

Lisa :cool:

I love them, ordered myself a set last week! My co-worker order us one the first cruise, since it was four of us going. I suggested it to her :D I don't find them inconvenient since I'm not a real drinker. I love those Miami Vices though !!! Didn't have a charge card last cruise, so couldn't order me any. I did have to call Carnival because we have a guarantee cabin and those you can't order of the website due to possible room changes. Course, they say you recevie them at dinner first night, some has confused that. What they really mean is you get them on the 2nd night and the card is left in your cabin on arrival let you know the order has been received.

Archived