Teen Club

Repeates

Looking for any information on the Teen Club; likes/dislikes, hours, activities, and if they are free to leave the club on their own ( we would prefer that our daughter doesn't)?  We will be on the Caribbean Princess next month and I was hoping that my 14 year old daughter and 16 year old son would enjoy it.  Thanks!

The Teen Club does not require a parent to sign the teen in or out - the kids are free to come and go anytime during the open hours which vary - morning, afternoon and evening with lunch and dinner breaks generally for sea days, sometimes just evenings or not at all on port days. As for whether your kids will enjoy it that really is hard to predict. If they are social and enjoy the variety of activities offered they might like it. Princess tries really hard to provide fun activities, but lets face it - kids that age are really difficult to please sometimes. My kids both loved the Kids Clubs on Princess, but as teens they really never spent much time in the Teen Club. At most they would go for some of the introductory opportunities and maybe some of the more fun things like the dances, scavenger hunts or sports events - but honestly at those ages they were happier meeting some fellow teens and spending time outside of the club at the pool, movies onboard, sports activities, etc. I always encouraged them to review the menu of activities for the Teen Club that they get the first day, be sure to at least attend the first day or two to meet other kids and then to go to any other activities that interested them. Regardless of how much time they spent in the club, they have always had fun and met friends on our Princess cruises.

• Like 2

in  2010 and 2012  when  we  cruised   we  hardly  saw  our  teenage son,   If  we hadnt  insisted  on  him joining us  for  breakfast  and  dinner,  we would not have seen  him.   He  had  a wonderful time.

• Like 1

My kids have always loved the kids camps/teen center on Princess. Granted, our last cruise was 3 years ago, before they redid them, but at that time my younger son was 17 so he went there every day of our 14 day cruise. I was usually out and about until about 1 am or so some nights (especially when hubby got sick and I was trying to avoid the cabin) and would often find him and a group of friends from the teen center going to the International Cafe for a snack around midnight. 

As for hours, on sea days they are: 9 am -noon, 1 pm until 5, 7 pm until 1 am. Unlike the kids camps, there is no additional fee for the teen center between 10 pm and 1 am.

Another plus is that whenever the teen center is open there is a crew member there. I mention that because when my kids were about 15 and 16 we went on a Carnival cruise and was taken back by the fact that the Teen Center was open 24 hours a day, but only had a crew member in there about 4-5 hours a day.

• Like 1

We've travelled with our teenager daughter on three cruises (since she was 14) and our next together is to Alaska (she'll be 17) on the 25th June - not long now! 🙂

She has loved every moment of cruising - particularly the sea days where she can spend it with her new friends. We hardly see her on the ship and make dinner each night our time to catch up. If we mention cruising anywhere in the world she's in. The friends she has made from around the world are amazing.  She has stayed in touch with many of them (instagram, facebook, etc) and will be meeting up with some from our Baltic Sea cruise last year when we're in the USA this year.

As far as oversight by the staff, teenagers are free to come and go however I've found the staff you see regularly (dining room, steward) get to know your kids and often comment on where they saw them during the day and what they were up to.   And most of the teens enjoy the events the club organises like the disco, mocktail making competition or formal night.

• Like 1