Great San Juan Walking Tour

HappyCruiser2006

Bob and I had a great experience in San Juan with the Legends Walking Tour at http://www.*****.com/

We got a chance to go to areas that we would not have gone by ourselves, through several Columbus Plazas, past old churches, busy streets and really spectacular views of the ocean from the old walls, as well as some private visits.

I'll definately sign up for this tour again, the small groups are nice. The tour guide, Debbie, really knew her history and she sure loves Old San Juan, and it shows.

Is the walk strenuous? Have some older people going...

It is a hilly area, but Debbie is careful to take you on some of the less steep roads. There are also frequent stops to look at items of interest or to hear a great story, so it was not too tiring. My 80 year old grandmother went and did fine.

• 2 weeks later...
Am I understanding the website correctly that there is only one tour from 10 am to noon everyday, M-F? We don't arrive in PR until 2:00 p.m.

No, they also have a night tour that goes from 6-8 pm....you need to click on the night tales icon.

It's a great tour!!!!

If you have questions about dates, times, prices, etc I would recommend you send an email to Debbie. of Legends of Puerto Rico.

She is very good at answering your questions and might have some ideas for you about private tours etc. (that is what we did), and it was wonderful.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a group of 10 and are unable to do the standard walking tour due to some in our group with limitations. I emailed Debbie and she sent back a very informative email describing what they could do to accomodate our group, along with a quote. Im very impressed with her so far and Ive not even met her.

So if you have questions or want to request something a little different than the "norm", drop her a note.

We have a group of 10 and are unable to do the standard walking tour due to some in our group with limitations. I emailed Debbie and she sent back a very informative email describing what they could do to accomodate our group, along with a quote. Im very impressed with her so far and Ive not even met her.

So if you have questions or want to request something a little different than the "norm", drop her a note.

We met Debbie two weeks ago and she is a very friendly, professional tour guide who wants to show everyone her country. She suggested we head to the west coast and take in the rain forest where she lives. We had three days to kill after our cruise and we headed to the other side of the Island. It was great! It took about 2 hours to get out there, you need a whole day. We took her Market tour and had a blast. She took time to show us all the fruits and vegetables on her island and explained how each one got there and why. We sampled everything she had to offer. Then as an experiment she took us to a local Restaurant beside the market and for about $6.00 we tried the root plants.yams, etc. that had to be cooked. It was a great idea and we did this the morning of our cruise.

Excellent

Porky

• 3 months later...

Just back from our RCI Navigator Cruise which docked at 2:00 p.m. We took Debbie's nighttime tour 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and were back at the ship before it sailed at 10:00 p.m. The hotel where you meet is just across the street from the docks. We had 11 in our little group and really enjoyed meeting Debbie and seeing San Juan through the eyes of a "real" native. She is the only tour person allowed in the city's prison.

Sheila

Has anyone tried her Saturday Farmer's Market tour? I'm thinking of taking this in November.....

Check out my reply above on March 4th.

We did the Market Tour and had a wonderfull time. It was a highlight of our trip.

Ed

I will be sailing next year on the Freedom which will dock in San Juan from 3 pm - 11 pm. I plan on doing the Night Tales Tour if it is still offered then.

However, I'd like to explore El Morro and/or the San Cristobal Fort, but from what I have read, tours aren't given of either of these places after 3 pm. Can you go to either one on your own, and if so, would I be able to visit either one of those forts as soon as we dock and still make it for the night tour on time? If so, which one is recommended??

• 1 month later...

Archived