Help--Getting Around Miami Marathon

dicta

We are getting into Miami this Saturday afternoon. The Miami marathon is in town this weekend and the course runs around the downtown area. We are staying at a motel that appears to be at about the 25.5 mile mark, aproximately 3/4 of a mile south of bayside.

Does anyone know if there is a plan to get around town. I really hope that I'll be able to get to the ship but it appears that the entire route will be shut down traffic. Will cabs even be able to get in?

Any information would be helpful

Dicta

Need to know more. You say you are getting to Miami Sat. afternoon. I assume your cruise is Sunday? If this is the case you will be heading to the port around 11:00am I would think. Is the marathon on Sat. or Sun.?

I think you can count on getting to and from the port OK, way too much business to "shut down". :)

Get in on Saturday. Usually like to be at peir by 11:00.

Marathon starts at Bayside. Loops through Miami Beach, then comes back through downtown and very close to where it started (Bayside). Our motel appears to be directly at the 25.5 mile mark. According to the web site, it looks like the course will be shut down from the start of the race through 1:00p.m. They will be opening a mile (from the start) every 14 minutes.

Not sure what to do. Nobody seems to know what is going on. Nobody even seems to know about this. Frankly, I can't figure out what their plan is. Long distance runners and cars don't mix on the same street. I just know I want to get to the boat and have a drink.

Dicta

Archived