Formal Night Attire

L2J

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by celtic selke:

Liv,

I don't understand this paragraph.

Did you leave something out?

What ship are you talking about and what is $25/pp?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry - group cruises $25 deposit per person. The one that I was talking about was the Valor Vampires out of Miami on 10/30/05

Liv...Winds are 15 knots and holding....the whole world is a drop zone!

newparach.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Until the SINsational Cruise from the Bayou

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2005;10;30;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until the Valor Vampires

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

I don't know how old you are, but I have NEVER seen an adult (25-40 yrs.) ever wear a white jacket. I'm sure there are people out there that do, but I have only seen older gentlemen (late 50's and older) wear them.

Personally, I have not seen many guys wear tuxedos either on Carnival's ships, as more and more men wear dark suits on formal night. My experience has been that people on Celebrity (which often caters to an older crowd) tend to dress up more (i.e. tuxedos and long ball gown type dresses). Shorter cruises tend to be a tad less formal, and both Royal Caribbean and Carnival seem to have more guys in suits than in tuxedos.

I'm sure if you did wear your white jacket, it would be just fine. But you asked if we had seen others wear them, and I must say I never have (on a younger person).

Suzi

05 July 2004 Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas

21 November 2004 Cruise Aboard Carnival's Pride

20 February 2005 Cruise Critic Group Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas

Actually I'm in my late 30s which is neither here nor there. I'm going with the tux for the upcoming cruise and then both on the cruise next year.

I like to get dressed up - if you look good you feel good...right? I'm a little left of center anyway so I guess I'll be the only one on the ship to do this.....oh well...

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by celtic selke:

Hey, what do young guys know about classic style?

Here is the epitome of cool and class----

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say probably very little. That is just MO though.

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

Now we might be in for it, Liv.

I'll bet (and sincerely hope) there are some young men out there that do aspire beyond "a nice pair of jeans".

Whatever the heck THAT means. icon_rolleyes.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's ok - I'm wearing my flame proof undies todayicon_wink.gif

You're kidding right?? I think "dressed up" today means to $200 pair of Nike, Tommy jeans 3 sizes to big hanging down like plumber the oversized football/basketball jersey and the hat that's on sort of "sideways".

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

LIV,

There's an old joke about the hat position. Then there were three positions for a baseball cap. OFF, ON, and LOCKED. [sideways] Now there are just too many ways the caps are worn.

Don't you just love it when they wear them while eating dinner[or lunch, whatever], crudness reigns.

Dan

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;9;5;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till 9/5 Paradise Panama Canal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dan40:

LIV,

There's an old joke about the hat position. Then there were three positions for a baseball cap. OFF, ON, and LOCKED. [sideways] Now there are just too many ways the caps are worn.

Don't you just love it when they wear them while eating dinner[or lunch, whatever], crudness reigns.

Dan

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL Dan, I have 3 words for wearing a hat that way: It looks stupid!!

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

White Dinner jackets are still wore by all ages on cruise ships and are acceptable provided they are not yellowed with age, full of moth holes and reek of the smell of moth balls from hanging in your closet for the past 40 years. I ususlly wear my red tie and cumberbun with the white jacket.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;07;19;13;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Till we sail on the Zuiderdam

Til we sail on the Mariner of The Seas RCL

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;3;7;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we sail on the Disney Wonder

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2003;10;09;12;01;00&timezone=GMT-0500

til we sail the ms Maasdam

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;05;29;11;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by livtojump:

I have 3 words for wearing a hat that way: It looks stupid!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Blame it on the parents.

Tom <--- Curmudgeon of the Seas

imgcommentary_hackstone.jpg

bagpiper_piping_md_wht.gif

Eleven cruises so far. Up next:

Shhhh, it's a surprise!

Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when somebody's watching.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tef43:

Blame it on the parents.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly. I remember the first and last time that I wore a hat to my Grandmothers dinner table - it was knocked off my head and Grandfather wasn't gentle about it either.

F5Loar - I was thinking my cumberbun/tie selection should be based on the color of her gown/dress??

newparach.gif

saintsinners.gif

valorvampires.gif

NCL Sky 2/02

Make a girl happy icon_wink.gif, go for the tux first formal night, and white dinner jacket for the second. I'm sure you will look smashing!

I sure hope that sailfish is wrong in saying no one in the 25-40 age group would wear a white dinner jacket. I will do my duty to try to change that! I am shopping for dinner jacket for DH, and a tux for my DS ( 2 proms and a cruise, cheaper to buy), and I may get DS the dinner jacket too. Now when I have one on each arm on my cruise, I will be the luckiest lady alive!

Stefanie

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;08;29;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Cruise on the pride

how bad will i be with just a white shirt and tie black dress pants. recently lost some weight none of my suites fit. and dont know about spending 75$ for a tux for 1 night just not in my budget

6/03 Carnival Pride

10/02 Carnival Victory

6/00 Carnival Imagination

8/99 Carnival Inspiration (cancelled after 1 night due to Hurricane Dennis :-( )

next up...Carnival Destiny 4/25/04

capt. carl,

Congratulations on your weight loss.

I understand how hard it is to replace a wardrobe.

Although mine always is being replaced with BIGGER items. icon_wink.gif

I would have no problem with that. I just appreciate that someone is trying to follow the dress code best they can.

Have fun.

Now back on the treadmill for me!

And Liv,

Did you see the episode of the Soprano's where Tony also removes some guy's hat in a restaurant?

Boy, wish I had his you know whats!

celtic

Archived