Dinner Seatings...are there four of them? Can I choose which one?

Sailfish

It's been a while since I last cruised with Carnival. Do I understand correctly that there are TWO first and TWO second seatings for dinner?

We chose second seating (always do), but I don't recall my agent asking which time I would prefer to go - early or late. Am I supposed to request the time as well? Or does one not have a choice? I would prefer to eat at 8pm instead of 8:30; would you recommend I call back my agent and let him know?

Thanks for all your help. I value your input!

Suzi

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="font" value="lcdb0">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=07>

<param name="day" value=05>

<param name="hour" value=16>

</applet>

05 July 2004 Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Monarch of the Seas

<applet code="countdown.class" CODEBASE="http://*************/java-sys" width="203" height="25">

<param name="year" value=2004>

<param name="month" value=11>

<param name="day" value=21>

</applet>

21 November 2004 Cruise Aboard Carnival's Pride

<param name="year" value=2005>

<param name="month" value=02>

<param name="day" value=20>

</applet>

20 February 2005 Cruise Critic Group Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas

icon_smile.gif

You can request early or late.. but not the specific seating....

of cource... on the day of sailing, if you don't like your assignment..you can always see the Matre 'd and ask for a change.

Cathy

dolphin.gif

Ecstacy October 1992

Destiny October 1999

TRIUMPH May2003

TRIUMPH AGAIN! May 2004

Returning to the TRIUMPH on MAY 15TH!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://community.webshots.com/user/catrin0917

I believe the dining rooms stagger the seatings. One would have the 8:00 seating, while the OTHER would have the 8:30 seating.

I think your cabin location determines which dining room you are in, so I don't think they'll let you switch dining rooms, just early/late seating assignments.

Hope this helps.

Ecstasy,E.Caribbean Oct.1993

Holiday,W.Caribbean Jan. 1995

Festivale, S.Caribbean Feb.1996

Sov. of the Seas, Bahamas Jan.1998

Ecstasy, Bahamas Mar. 2000

Victory, Canada, Jun. 2001

Sensation, W. Caribbean, Jun.2002

Paradise, E. Caribbean, Apr. 2003

Triumph, E. Caribbean, Apr. 2004

ships23image1_th.gif

Ship.gif

It appears as though your late seating will be in whichever dining room you are assigned. icon_confused.gif For instance on the Triumph we were early seating in the London Dining Room which is 6:15. If we had been assigned to the Paris Dining Room early seating was 5:45...does that make more sense? I was confusing even myself. Not sure if you can request a particular dining room to be sure you have 8:00 vs 8:30, but it's worth a try. icon_biggrin.gif

Mary

Triumph Eastern 10/03

Victory CTN 6/04

Sensational Cruise from the Bayou 10/04

You can only choose early/late. The location of your cabin generally dictates which of the two seatings (if there are two) you get. If you're travelling with a group, the location of most of the group's cabins is used in the decision.

If you prefer one dining room over the other, go to the maitre'd the first afternoon of sailing like you do with any other dining change request.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;31;14;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

10/31 Conquest--add to thread in Roll Call forum. This free countdown clock courtesy of: Escati

Wow! You guys are awesome to respond so fast!

I had a hunch that was the case, but thought I would ask anyway. A few minutes here or there isn't a big deal. I'll live with what ever we are assigned.

Thanks again!

Suzi

20 February 2005 Cruise Critic Group Cruise Aboard Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas

Not this past cruise, we lucked out and got exactly what we wanted-BUT a few cruises ago we had the late/late seating and prefered the 8 pm seating to the 8:30/45 seating. On THAT ship, they actually had a time and place set up that we could go to request a change. They had cookies and lemonade while we waited not long at all and then we got to speak to the dudes in charge-NO $$$ changing hands! They checked on a computer and a BIG seating chart. They also somehow had access to more personal info-so they took that into consideration as well-more or less attempting to "match" us with various table groups. We lucked out and got the dining time of our choice but did hear that not everyone was happy. Good luck-do check out if you have the option of switching or not.

We are a group of 18 who cruise together often. We like to take the the 6:15 seating and request it whenever we book. Have always gotten it no matter where we are located on ship. As a matter of fact we already know that we will have a table for 6 at a window, table for 8 reight next to it and finally a table for 4 next to the railing all on the upper dining room floor next to each other.

We don't cruise for another 33 days and thanks to our great TA we also have a lot of other goodies besides a great cruise.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800000&cdt=2004;05;16;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

5/16 Destiny/life is short/take a long cruise

Okay - two questions

does anyone know on the Glory how the dining rooms work? We are on Lido Deck #9274 and 9273 - which dining room and seating would we have.

Also DASA - how do you already know your tables>

Kathy....

I know this isnt the Glory.. but we were in Cabin 9273 on the Triumph last May...

we had the 6:15 seating in the London Dining Room (the dining room in the middle of the ship, not the aft dining room)

Hope that helps,

Cathy

dolphin.gif

Ecstacy October 1992

Destiny October 1999

TRIUMPH May2003

TRIUMPH AGAIN! May 2004

Returning to the TRIUMPH on MAY 15TH!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;5;15;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

http://community.webshots.com/user/catrin0917

I played around with the new Carnival website last night and noticed that if you go through the booking process you are asked whether you want first or second "main" seating or first or second "late" seating. I would really like to have the 6:15 time on our Paradise cruise, but the TA said that she couldn't request specific times. Wonder if this is changing...?

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till we are in Paradise again!

Paradise 6/2004

Paradise 6/2002

Sailfish

I note that you are sailing on the Pride which has only 1 dining room therefore there only 2 dining times not 4. On ships with 2 dining rooms there 4 dining times however you can only request either early or late and large or small table. The requests are just that and are not guaranteed.

jedgar:

Thanks for your input. Don't know whay, but I thought all newer Carnival ships were fairly similar. I was about to call my TA, so you saved me the hassle.

WE are really looking forward to our cruise aboard the Pride. I only wish Carnival had better past guest perks. That's one reason we why we tend to cruise more with Royal Caribbean. But I have always found the food better on Carnival ships, and I hear the Pride is very, very nice.

Thanks again for your information.

Suzi

With Carnival you can choose which time you want to dine. Not just between early/late. When you log on to the website, go to your reservation and click "Modify Booking" go to the bottom where it says Preferences and click "Edit" and the options will come up.

Scopster,

I did what you said and tried to modify my booking. Everything looked good until I hit "submit". Then it came back with "5102-agency not on file". I booked with a PVP - directly with Carnival. Any suggestions?

We asked for early and got 2nd late seating!!

Talk about from one extreme to the other!

Sensation 5/15/2004

Archived