room service

Hi everyone! I am a newbie to all of this including cruising. Our virgin cruise is coming up on March 5, Vision of the Seas to the Mexican Riveria. Excuse me if I don't get the lingo correct. Sorry in advance. I will eventually learn. I just want to mention I love the enthusiam I feel and the great advice from all of you seasoned cruisers.

I have the following questions, which I am sure have been asked many times over, but here goes.

My understanding is you cannot bring alcohol on board, unless you hide it somehow. Something I don't know if I want to do. All I would like to have in my stateroom would be a couple of bottles of wine, for a pre-dinner drink while getting ready for (late dinner seating).

So my question is this... when you order room service can you order an alcoholic drink or a bottle of wine?

Also I read somewhere that you use to be able to purchase alcohol at one of the shop on board and for a fee bring it back to your room. If anyone knows specifically if you can still do this on the Vision of the Seas, I would appreciate your reply. Thanks.

Archived