Teens and the Norwegian Wind

Chilcotin

Anyone out there travel with teenagers on the Norwegian Wind recently?

We are booked for March with our fifteen year old daughter and was wondering how the program was?

I realize that this ship does not have all the "bells and whistles" of the newer ships so do they make up for it in other ways?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

We travelled on the Wnd in June of 2005 with our DD who was 12. She didn't participate in the clubs since they required her to stay in the 8-12 group. The activites looked too childish for her--we still had a great time--lots to do as a family onboard.

I did notice the teen groups attending shows together--they looked like they were having a great time, and bonding--we saw lots of pics being taken on the last day. I think I have a daily for the teen program--I'll look and see at home.

Even though we are not on the Wind, I too am curious about the teen program, since we will have 3 teens on the Star with us in June. Immargaret has posted very helpfully to some of the questions I have posted about it, but more info is always good.

Hikini:D

Anyone out there travel with teenagers on the Norwegian Wind recently?

We are booked for March with our fifteen year old daughter and was wondering how the program was?

I realize that this ship does not have all the "bells and whistles" of the newer ships so do they make up for it in other ways?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I travelled around Hawaii with my 13 year old son and 16 year old daughter on the Wind at the end of May. They had a great time at the Teen Club!! and made friends that they still email. They loved the at sea days so they could do more stuff together. They were only sorry that the sea days were at the end of the cruise cause they bonded so much more then. There weren't a lot of them - maybe 12 all together - but they all got along great. The counsellor, Nicki, was a lot of fun too. She was very flexible to accomodate what they wanted to do. They did scavenger hunts, went for dinner and to the shows together, played some board games and table tennis etc.

We're going on the Spirit 10 Day Caribbean cruise in 3 days and can only hope they have as good a time!

Don't worry, your daughter should have fun!

• 2 weeks later...

chilcoten: I finally pulled out my teen's crew from our 10 night Wind cruise last June. They had a variety of activities including movies that they watched with the rest of the ship in the Stardust lounge at 10:15 most nights, and on some port days. In addition, they attended the shows together.

They did things like a Scavenger Hunt, and a pool party; they met for lunch several days and had a dance in one of the discos. They ate dinner together several times, inclusing the last night for a farewell dinner.

If you daughter likes smoothies, I would recommend getting her a teen passport that gives 20 smoothies/virgin drinks, as well as admission to a teen party. Also, they offered several spa specials for teens that my DD wished she could do, but was too young. They offered a mother-daugher massage ($99 for 25 minutes/ or 50 minutes for $198).

I hope she finds lots to enjoy.

Archived