Showtimes and kids clubs

Rassilon

We have an upcoming cruise

on the joy and hoping someone can answer this about the kids club. For sea days, it says they open at 7pm. How do folks manage getting into the early 7pm show and dropping off kids in time to make the show in time?  Is it possible to drop kids off a bit early to make showtime?

no it's absolutely not possible to drop off early.  Princess kids club close for only one hour for lunch and dinner each so there were a lot fewer logistical problems with the kids clubs on their ships, and I believe Celebrity also only closes for an hour for lunch and dinner.   NCL's two hour closure created long lines on the Star if you show up right at 7 pm when they reopen.

12 hours ago, Rassilon said:

We have an upcoming cruise

on the joy and hoping someone can answer this about the kids club. For sea days, it says they open at 7pm. How do folks manage getting into the early 7pm show and dropping off kids in time to make the show in time?  Is it possible to drop kids off a bit early to make showtime?

We have two kids so all four of us went to check into the show.  Then my husband took the kids to the club and I got our seat.  He came after checking them in.  They do sometimes start checking in a few minutes early and he rushed to the show!

On 6/23/2019 at 9:03 PM, pumpkinpatch4 said:

We just got off the Joy and brought our kids to both shows. 🙂 Otherwise I'd recommend having your spouse save seats and you catch up after checking them in. 

I think based on people's comments we'll do the seat save and then one of us will go check-in.  Our older kid will likely want to see them but everyone will be happier if the 3yo goes and plays at the kid club for an hour 🙂

How long were the shows (about)?  I've tried doing some searching but couldn't find any info on the run times.