Transportation from Fort Lauderdale vs. Miami

Victory748

I can save $60 on my airfare by flying into Ft. Lauderdale instead of Miami. Will I spend more than $60 getting to and from the the Ft Lauderdale airport to the pier than I would from the Miami airport to the pier, or is this a good plan to have a little more drinking money once on the ship? :D

Thanks!

Well I believe the ship's transfers are $40 pp from FLL to Miami, a cab is around $80, and there are also shuttle buses (super shuttle, port of miami shuttle) that would run around $25 pp.

If there are two of you flying - sounds like you would save $120 and could spend only $50 leaving you with that extra $70 in drink money? Up to you I guess? (I do hope you are flying in a day early so you won't be too stressed about getting to the ship?)

Froufie

We had this same dilemma. I decided to fly into FLL a day early, sprung for a limo to miami hotel, cab to port the next day and cab to miami airport when cruise is done. Not sure how much i am SAVING, but the FLL air was only $68 one way from Pittsburgh so it SEEMED like a savings since the to Miami air was over $100 pp, we are a family of 4. I think springing for the stretch probably ate up that savings, lol.

We are surprising the kids by having a limo waiting for us to take us to Miami. :p They aren't expecting it and I can't wait to see their eyes, 16 and 8 yr old. We found one for $90 from limos.com

Try TRi County Shuttle, we took it from FLL to Miami and it only cost us $40 for ttwo of us to Miami.

Kathy

Kathy - can they also be found at miami port for transport to fll airport? Any contact info appreciated - do we need to book in advance? or are they just "there" at port waiting?

Thanks,

Froufie

Tri County Airport Express http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/sharedr.html

When you arrive at the airport, collect your luggage and go outside the baggage claim area, lower level, curbside, contact one of our starters (customer services reps.) wearing a white shirt with "AIRPORT EXPRESS" in red on the back of the shirt and an emblem on the sleeve and over the breast pocket. Let the starter know what service you are interested in and he/she will assist you. ;)

Thanks Bequia - but I am actually looking for shuttle service from the port of Miami to the FLL airport for my return home - does tri-county provide this as well?

Thanks,

Froufie

The last time I used them from Port of Miami there were 8 of us in our group. Their website shows a rate of $64 for private Town Car service for up to 4 people. That's less then cab fare. I suggest calling them directly to see if they can accomodate you. They may have a shared van available on your return date. 800-244-8252 Reservations

http://www.floridalimo.com/Pages/private.html

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks Bequia - but I am actually looking for shuttle service from the port of Miami to the FLL airport for my return home - does tri-county provide this as well?

Thanks,

Froufie

Yes they do, but it got complicated when I tried to book with them so I found this website and they were very helpful You have to call the number on the website for reservations.

www. portofmiamishuttle.com

• 1 year later...
Does Tri County take you from FLL airport to your Hotel in Miami?

We are staying at Radisson...by Bayside.

Thanks

Absolutely. The shared ride shuttle price is $18 per person. Reservations not required.

Archived