Help!! Playa Mia Beach

CaribCruiser714

I am sailing on Carnival in March and have unfortunatly been informed by Carnival that it will cost $77 for the Playa Mia Beach Break (All Inclusive package) and that is without a cab ride! I feel that is absolutly insane and am not going to buy tickets from them since it states on the Playa Mia Beach website a total of $42! I have emailed them a few times but no response. I was wondering where I could find tickets and if anyone had any reviews? How much are Jet ski? Ect. THank you all of your help is deeply appreciated! :D

You don't need to buy the tickets ahead of time. That way, if you get there and it's raining and you want to do something else, you can. We bought ours as an excursion from the ship...never again.

There are cabs lined up waiting to take you there, and at Playa for the return ride back to your ship.

We were just there. I do however, think that with carnival includes the ride but it is still not worth it. just take a cab...make sure you get the price up front and make sure it is per ride and not per person. People were saying they were told it was $14 and then got there and the driver said it was per person...eek! We had a LARGE group and had a rented a big van so didnt worry about it.

the prices are $12 for the basic entry

(I think) $30 for entry and all you can drink

$40 for all you can eat/drink and snorkel

I'm not too sure on the prices but they were around that....it is by far way cheaper to just do it there. If you go to the web site and e-mail them they will email the prices to you. Have fun! I know we had a blast each time!

http://www.playamia.com/

We were there last week, and rented a car from Hertz for $30 for the day, and Hertz gave us a basic entry coupon to get in for $3, normal price for basic entry is $12 (as quoted above). We don't drink enough during the day to make $30 for all you can drink worth it.

My advice is to skip Playa Mia (unless you are really into that particular beach club) and go to Paradise Beach. The beaches are neighbors (so to speak- and the "admission" is free. They have the same water activities as Playa Mia. I was at Paradise Beach last week and walked down to see Playa Mia and was not too impressed. At Paradise Beach we paid $15 for a cab (one way) from the pier and back (they are waiting in the parking lot of PB). We bought a wrist band for my two sons to use the water stuff ($8.00 each), and had lunch $55 for 5 people. The food was great and the atmosphere is very relaxing. There is a sign posted about a $10 consumption fee for people wanting to use the beach- but I thought that was reasonable request. All in all we spent $100 or so. I spoke with someone on the ship that did the Playa Mia excursion through Carnival and he spent like $30 pp and did have to get his own transporation- I know that price did included unlimited drinks (but I'm not a big drinker so it would be a waste for me)

Check out the Paradise Beach web site- also, there is an ongoing post that Paradise Beach Tom (the owner) posts on here is CC.

• 2 weeks later...

I need help and information ASAP. I was thinking of doing the Playa Mia Beach Break for a couple of reasons. First, they offer a drink special and foood for $42 and second it just looks so much better than Paradise Beach (Website used for comparison) I have read multiple good reviews on Paraidese Beach and was wondering if I was making a mitake choosing Playa Mia over Paradise Beach. I need someone's advice. Thank you:D

• 2 weeks later...

It's been three years since we were at Playa Mia but our group of 9 had a great time there. We chose the cheaper package that didn't include the meal. The drinks were pretty good, the facilities very nice, the beach not too crowded. Plenty of activities going on all around us. 6 of my friends took a banana boat ride and to watch it was hilarious! While it was a pretty good deal, we didn't get our money's worth, since we left after only a couple of hours to go check out Carlos and Charlie's!! We are returning to Cozumel with a group of 26 in two weeks and we'll be visiting Paradise Beach this time.

Playa Mia and Paradise Beach are right next to each other. While at PB I walked down to Playa Mia. I liked PB better for a couple of reasons: PB has a longer length area of sand that sloped gently into the water. Playa Mia had chairs that were pre-formed plastic that sat on the sand, you could not reposition the recline and they were on the ground- not up 12-18 inches like a regular lounge chair. For me PB just looked a lot nicer- nice pier to walk out on and nice restaurant. They both had the same water equipment (Playa Mia's water iceberg is quite far out in the water- I would not have let my kids go out there alone) and changing facilities. PB charges for the water equipment and asks you spend $10 at the bar. For my family of five to eat a nice lunch and for the kids to use the equipment it was under $75. We are not big drinkers- so the all you can drink at Playa Mia would be wasted on us.

I spoke with someone from the Triumph after they had done Playa Mia beach break and he said they paid for their admission and still had to get a taxi ($15 each way). I felt we had a great day at a great beach for a great price!

drink special and foood for $42
We ate off the menu, but saw the buffet, and were not impressed with the food. Concur also with the others poster concerning the iceberg-quite a swim. And, as another said, the curved plastic chairs kinda' suck.

We also considered this club or San Francisco but realized that for three of us at 100.00 plus the cab ride that Paradise Beach was the better option. I don't think we could spend over 100.00 dollars in 5 hours at PB. (DH does not drink, neither does 5 yo DD)

• 2 months later...
I need help and information ASAP. I was thinking of doing the Playa Mia Beach Break for a couple of reasons. First, they offer a drink special and foood for $42 and second it just looks so much better than Paradise Beach (Website used for comparison) I have read multiple good reviews on Paraidese Beach and was wondering if I was making a mitake choosing Playa Mia over Paradise Beach. I need someone's advice. Thank you:D

We just left Legend of the Seas. We had a great time at Playa Mia Beach. The drinks were great and so was the food. Authentic Mexican Cusine you will never go back to eating store bought salsa again. Kids had a blast on the "iceberg" and the peddle boats. I do suggest getting your seats early the beach does get crowded.

We went to Playa Mia also and had a great time! The chairs, yes, they were no good, and not fun to get out of. We got the Deluxe pkg through Carnival and to us, it was a great deal. We plan on going there again next April, we had the best time.

• 3 months later...
Has anyone done the excursion to Playa Mia? How is this beach?

Is the food safe to eat here?

Playa Mia is owned/operated by the Molina-Aviomar group and caters to the larger cruise crowds. It is one of Cozumel's largest beaches and host many activities and restaurant services, some entrances are all inclusive.

The food is perfectly safe. I would be more concerned about the quality of alcohol they serve. The goal is to get you as drunk as you ever want to be.

They also have some family stuff and a small zoo, I believe. It is a party beach for sure though.

Has anyone done the excursion to Playa Mia? How is this beach?

Is the food safe to eat here?

We went on our own from the ship saved a few bucks had a really good time. The food was fine we had. We had several drinks there as well beers ect.... all was good had no problems. The beach was really nice as well lots of non motorized activites included.

Archived