Malibu Rum Factory and Beach???

Daycare Provider

:D Has anybody gone to the Malibu beach and rum factory? If so how do we get there? Is there an admit fee? Is there a food vendor? Please help? Any additional info would be great.:p

My best advice would be to do a search on this board (Barbados) or check the Barbados govt website. I know I've seen info there. Maybe somebody else will read this post and be able to give more info. If not, at least you've got some places to start!

We were there on a Princess excursion in early November, the beach was great, you can see the ships from the beach. We did have locals come up asking if you want to go out on their boat to see turtles, etc. and when you said no thank you they said okay and left you alone, it was so nice. They do have a outside bar area that sells drinks and food. It was not too crowded, but it was a cloudy rainy day.

We were there on a Princess excursion in early November, the beach was great, you can see the ships from the beach. We did have locals come up asking if you want to go out on their boat to see turtles, etc. and when you said no thank you they said okay and left you alone, it was so nice. They do have a outside bar area that sells drinks and food. It was not too crowded, but it was a cloudy rainy day.
:cool: Can we walk or do we need to take a taxi?

Did not each at the beach, just had a coke. I can't recall if there were umbrellas, I think you can rent them and there are a few trees for shade, if you can snag one.

There is changing rooms, restrooms and a gift store. The Malibu Rum candles smell very good:) mine is almost gone.:(

We arrived at the beach early and there were no crowds at all. The people that did go on the local tours seemed to have had a good time. As I said the locals are not pushing at all. We just sat back and really enjoyed the wonderful weather and views. It did start to down pour as we were leaving, so our timing was perfect. That was the only rain we encountered the whole cruise. Southern Caribbean is the best itinerary we have taken so far.

Actually, ignore that one, found it!

We were going to go the boatyard, but I think I fancy doing this trip now. Our ship is charging us £22, which is about $35-40. I think we should be able to get this cheaper.

I have tried loooking for some info on the admission price but cant find it, if anyone has some, can you tell me please?

Thanks in advance!

Actually, ignore that one, found it!

We were going to go the boatyard, but I think I fancy doing this trip now. Our ship is charging us £22, which is about $35-40. I think we should be able to get this cheaper.

I have tried loooking for some info on the admission price but cant find it, if anyone has some, can you tell me please?

Thanks in advance!

:) Take a taxi...we are. Our cruise ship was charging $25.00 for 3 hours. We of course want to stay longer . I haven't come across a fee yet. I will continue to look.

Spent an afternoon here last week after a tour. It is only a 10 minute drive from the ship. Our taxi driver charged us $3.00 per person. You can see the ship pier from the beach. It is beautiful and a great way to spend an afternoon. You can access the beach with no fees if you just want to sit on your towel. A lounge chair will cost you $5.00. There is a $20 option that gives you a tour of the Mailbu Rum factory, some food, a drink, a chair and umbrella. They were sold out of chairs when we got there, but there is another gentleman on the beach ready to rent you his for $5.00. He is the same one who has other choices - 45 minute glass bottom boat to snorkel with the turtles for $15.00. Also has Hobie Cats and wave runners - don't know price. There are decent changing rooms, bath rooms and lockers. There is a well stocked bar with lots of fun beach type drinks all featuring Malibu Rum, of course! Most were $5.00 with a few at $7.00. There was security on the beach which we saw in action. Two of the independent vendors got into a arguement over something. The policeman stepped in immediately and took care of the situation.

Hope you don't mind my butting in here with a question, too!

If you take a cab to the beach from the pier, how do you get one to take you back to the ship? Are they just always there making the rounds between pier and beach? I'd worry that I wouldn't be able to find one and I'd be late getting back! :eek:

Thanks in advance for any info.

Thank you for all your information and help!

Looks like I have got Barbados sorted now, Malibu beach and tour of the factory in the morning, probably go back on the ship for lunch or maybe not, then we will head to the wildlife reserve in the afternoon.

One last thing......we are in Barbados 3 times, when we arrive, when we drop off and pick up the next week's cruise passangers and when we go home ourselves. we were maybe going to look around the town on the shorter stops, either when we arrive from the airport, time depending, or when are ready to go home.

What is the town like, anything to do etc?

Right, time to start researching the other islands!

Cheers

The downtown area is actually quite upscale for a Caribbean island. There are very obviously stores for tourists in one area and locals in another. There is a shuttle ($2) to take you from the ship to downtown that runs all the time. We drove through downtown on our tour with Cameron, but did not spend any time there.

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the "Malibu Beach Break" excursion with Celebrity last month. We were very disappointed. Yes, there were plenty of chairs and umbrellas, and we got a free drink. There were showers and a changing room. And the transportation ran very smoothly. However, we thought the beach was not too clean, and the predominant view was of the industrial side of the pier. We were constantly bothered by people trying to sell us jewelry, catamaran rides, jet skis, etc. A polite "No, thank you" meant nothing as they kept returning. At one point two of the vendors in our vicinity were verbally fighting with a lot of loud vulgar language. On the bus ride home, one of our group told us a woman was mugged and had her pocketbook stolen. (I cannot verify the accuracy of this statement, but this is what we heard. We did see the police there.) I would not do this exursion again, I think there are nicer beaches on Barbados. The rum factory tour was offered to us, but we did not do it, so I can't comment on that. Good luck!

Archived