Can anyone review HAL airport transfer from Civitavecchia?

basma

There are no shortage of forum recommendations for private transfers from Civitavecchia to FCO. But I can't seem to find any review on HAL's own airport transfer. I understand that private transfer gives you the VIP treatment for about the same price as HAL charges for the bus. But the ride is under an hour. I can care less about the comfort factor. I have been a happy customer with HAL (even though I do see the quality of service coming down due to cost cutting). So long as their bus gets me to the airport safe and sound in time to catch my flight, I don't have much incentive to give my business to another vendor. I don't quite have the full 5 hr buffer between disembarkations and flight departure. So I would appreciate anyone sharing their experience on using the HAL transfer to FCO, especially in the aspect of expeditiousness (e.g. what time did the bus actually arrive at airport, did it take long to load/unload passengers and luggage). Thank you.

I've used HAL's transfer from the port to the airport or the airport to the port  every time and it has always been excellent.  They get the bags on and off quickly. I can't remember when they actually arrived or departed because all my trips to Rome were more than 5 years ago.  We never missed our flights and always had more than enough time to take a leisurely tour through the shops in the airport.

I've had very good experiences with HAL transfers to/from Rome. Once I gave them my bag in the airport and it was on the Rotterdam when I boarded before noon. Going the other way it's worked flawlessly as well. The only thing I would warn you about is getting a flight too early, as ALL of my experiences in Rome have been on a Friday and they have had some kind of transit strike EVERY time. Once I was in Frankfurt waiting at my gate. Lufthansa announced they would be leaving an hour early as everyone had checked in and they wanted to get in an out of Rome before the noon air traffic control strike started. That was much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...