Zenith--

patrickc

I tell anyone who will listen to steer clear of 9109 (9105 and 9107 also) on Zenith. The disco is just beneath and unless you are one of those who stay in the disco until it closes you don't want to be in 9109. the location with the deck just outside the door was nice tho. They have moved the deck chairs from there and turned that little deck into a sports deck so even that perk is gone. But Zenith is a great little ship. The crew is fantastic!

We have sailed on both the Horizon and the Zenith, Atlantic deck Concierge Class cabin on Horizon, and Atlantic deck Suite on the Zenith. Our Horizon cruise was 11 nights eastern Caribbean, and I noticed no vibration and the ship handled well in the current. We only had 5 nights on the Zenith, but it's virtually the same ship, so no problems.

We also had no plumbing problems, with the exception of a slowly draining bathtub in the suite, and noticed only one plumbing problem *shipwide* on the Zenith, which was one stall in one of the public area Ladies rooms that was inoperable the entire cruise.

Yes, you don't have all the whistles and bells on the smaller ships, but the crew more than makes up for that with the friendly, personal service.

We had a mini bar and fridge in the suite on the Zenith, and as others have said, it wasn't that cold, but we didn't use it anyway.

The only *real* complaint I could come up with was, as we had second seating for dinner, and our table was very near the dining room entrance door on the port side of the vessel, when the show let out for the first seating passengers and they all headed to the bars, *if* the dining room doors were left open, you could smell the smoke in the dining room. The Maitre'd took care of that after the first or second night and made sure the doors stayed closed.

It's also true, that the deck chairs around the pool are quickly taken early in the mornings on sea days, but we found that we had a great spot on the upper deck facing the pool/bandstand, and could see and hear everything and weren't nearly as crowded up there.

When my DH first booked our Horizon cruise, I was a little leary, as my only cruise prior to that had been on a larger Carnival ship. After 2 days on the Horizon I was hooked, so ditto the Zenith. So far I've been very impressed with Celebrity, and particularly the Zenith and Horizon. We are booked on the Constellation in November, and though I'm looking forward to sailing on a larger Celebrity vessel with more to offer, I have a feeling I'm going to miss the extreme personal service you get on the smaller vessels.

Took your advice, updated my reservation to CC cabin 1095 the very back one. The Captain's club rep assured me that there will be a mini bar, too.

Hey Flashdog,

Glad I could help. We really do like these size Celebrity ships. As you can tell from the rest of the folks who have posted there are very few down sides.

Smoking outside is on the port side as well as inside in most cases. All cabins are smoking...

Hey, by the way, thanks for our new running back here in Tampa. :D

Jeff

Is Cadillac there? He's a dynamo.

I just noticed that prices are up for our cruise. $100 pp since yesterday. I never got an email confirmation, so i sure hope he got yesterday's price. I checked minutes after i booked and it showed my cabin was not available, so I'll hope that is the case. guess I better check my reservation on line if I'm really worried.

yep, got yesterday's price.

Archived