LATE NIGHT Arrival in Orlando for Cruise - Where to Stay?

juniperjen

Hello. I just booked our flights and a cruise on the Fantasy out of Port Canaveral for December. I was using a free flight voucher, so I had to take the available times offered by the airline. Our flight arrives in Orlando at midnight before the cruise. By the time we get our luggage, it will be a least 1:00am. I am trying to decide where we should stay for the few hours before the cruise departs. I know there is a hotel in the airport, but I cannot find a rate cheaper than $150. I don't know if I want to spend that much for a few hours. I know there are other hotels near the airport with free shuttles. Would those shuttles still be running at midnight?

Does anyone have another suggestion for an affordable place to stay for a few hours before going to Port Canaveral?

Thanks for your help!

Jennifer

03/01 - Imagination

07/03 - Glory

JuniperJen,

You might try priceline for the Hyatt at the airport. Since they are a 4* I don't think there are any other 4's right around the airport. Even if I'm wrong, the other 4*'s should have a shuttle from the airport for you. I used to live in Orlando, and I know there are lots of other hotels right around there - just trying to make it easier for you (not to have to leave the airport, worry about a shuttle).

Sensation 5/15/2004

Before our Fantasy cruise 2 years ago we stayed at the Comfort Suites-Orlando airport. At that time it was only 39.99 but I think that was just a special at the time. They did have a free airport shuttle, not sure of the times. It was a very clean, nice hotel. Looked new. If you would like to check them out the link is www.comfortsuitesorlandoairport.com Hope you have a great cruise. The Fantasy is an awesome ship! icon_smile.gif

We are getting into the Orlando airport around 10:00 pm the night before our May 15 Glory cruise. We wanted an inexpensive hotel near the airport... since we weren't going to be there long we didn't want to pay a lot for a fancy hotel. I got a room for $30 at the La Quinta from Priceline. It sounds like an ok place. Their shuttle only runs until 11:00 pm, but they have free breakfast the next morning, so we won't have to worry about where to eat.

If you need transportation late at night and a hotel doesn't provide it, there are probably cabs at the airport to take you to a nearby hotel for a few bucks.

You might want to check out Priceline. I'm not sure what kind of deal you'd get, but it might be a good bit lower than the prices you've looked into so far.

Thanks for your responses.

I looked at Priceline. There aren't any 4-star hotels offered, but there are some 3-stars. Would all the 3-star hotels near the airport have a free shuttle from the airport?

Jennifer

03/01 - Imagination

07/03 - Glory

12/04 - Fantasy

If you use biddingfortravel.com and scroll down to the hotels offered in Orlando Airport area they give you detailed reviews of the hotels offered.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

Archived