excusions

Scorpiorose

I was wondering...when booking excusions...how do you know what outfit is being used, Captian Bryan, Marvin...? It doesn't say who is running the excusion. What if I want to book with a specific outfit. I suppose that means I have to find the specific website, correct? And....is it really cheapter or are there any advantages to booking through carnival? Thanks for any info.....:)

Carnival uses contractors that don't - usually - compete with the ship with private sponsored tours, so someone like Capt Marvin, Bryan, Hook - are not who you get if you book a Carnival excursion. Some of the Carnival contractors are good, sometimes you get bad.

If you book with Carnival, you will never be responsible if disaster happens and you miss the ship - Carnival is responsible for getting you home. If in the rare case you book on your own and miss the ship - you are responsible for getting yourself home. So be cautious about scheduling an excursion that has a start time or end time close to your ship arrival and departure time - you need cushion and most know that and build their itinerary that way!

Most name brand - like Capt Marvin etc will allow a refund if your ship does not dock/tender - some do not, check in advance. If seas were too rough to tender in at Grand Cayman, you would want your money back.

The private excursions are almost always cheaper - sometimes quite a bit cheaper, I think they try harder - word of mouth can kill them pretty fast if they don't have good policies or take care of guests.

Archived