Balcony Guarantee???

EastTNcruisin'

We took a chance and booked a balcony guaranteed room - no specifics. Our cruise docs have arrived. They also state Balcony Stateroom Guarantee. However, when I'm logged onto the carnival site at My Cruise it says my current stateroom is BL-Suite Stateroom. Am I wrong to believe we're getting an actual suite rather than just a stateroom? If so, what's the chances of getting downgraded? We sail in 26 days.

We took a chance and booked a balcony guaranteed room - no specifics. Our cruise docs have arrived. They also state Balcony Stateroom Guarantee. However' date=' when I'm logged onto the carnival site at My Cruise it says my current stateroom is BL-Suite Stateroom. Am I wrong to believe we're getting an actual suite rather than just a stateroom? If so, what's the chances of getting downgraded? We sail in 26 days.[/quote']

I am guessing you can get excited!:eek:

We just returned from our cruise and I booked Balcony Guarantee. We had 2 adults and a child and were put in a nice balcony cabin on the Verandah Deck. It was a great location but boy what I wouldv'e given to see Suite Stateroom on my Docs! Once my room number was shown on the Carnival website (see below) it stayed for the duration...

Have you tried the fake "booking a gift"? It might tell you what actual cabin number they have assigned since docs were issued..or just make it a surprise! Perhaps the upgrade fairy is not done with you yet!

Either way, enjoy your cruise! (I'm so jealous!!!!)

A cabin status can be seen in one place on your documents.

the sign and sail page on the back on the bottom will be a long string of number.. the first numbers being your booking number-- the next numbers being your cabin number-- if indeed its set.

If you would have been upgraded to a suite your documents would have included "Skippers Club identification stuff.

Cabins can and do change up til sailing. Not a lot but it does happen.

YOu can check your fun pass... by going to gifts instead of printing the funpass.. add anything at all to your cart-- then scroll down and see.

the sign and sail page on the back on the bottom will be a long string of number.. the first numbers being your booking number-- the next numbers being your cabin number-- if indeed its set.

If you would have been upgraded to a suite your documents would have included "Skippers Club identification stuff.

Cabins can and do change up til sailing. Not a lot but it does happen.

YOu can check your fun pass... by going to gifts instead of printing the funpass.. add anything at all to your cart-- then scroll down and see.

Wow Bummer!

Hope the upgrade fairy did/does hit for you OP..we have never ever had our cabin downgraded afterwards so I wouldn't worry about it. So glad Serene could give you direction on how to find your actual room number..

Enjoy your cruise~ no matter what!:)

Had to go to pursers desk for sail and sign cards because we got switched that a.m.

Liberty - December, booked BL GTY website and back of sign and sail showed Panorama deck, we were sent back down to 8A - ended up loving our room - but were initially disappointed...

just don't count on anything and you will be OK.

Serene, you're one of the reasons these boards are a valuable source of information! Our room number was indeed on on the bottom back of the sign & sail page and was not referenced anywhere else in our cruise docs. Though not one of larger suites, it is on the front Lido deck which we're still really pleased to have!

Thank you all for your assistance. :)

The Lido deck is a good place to be---although you hardly have to walk anywhere to get that extra food off. Roll outta bed and in for coffee.

Remember that it can change up til sailing... rare--but it does happen.

Archived