Attn: Paradise Past Cruisers

shannonh

We are on the Paradise at the end of July and, of course, food is on the mind of my 18-year old son. He is looking at the deck plans for the ship and has discovered "snack bars." Most of these appear to be on the same deck as the pool. Anyone know what is offered at these places? Are there items that are free or is this an additional expense? What are the hours? We already found the pizzaria, but the spots that he has found are labeled "snack bar." Any answers are really appreciated!

Shannonh...I believe that is where you can get some breakfast (limited menu) in the mornings (I think that breakfast was abailable 'til 10 AM) and also the area where you can get things like burgers, hot dogs, salads etc for lunch (which starts either 11 or 11:30 AM). Ice cream also available in this section at certain times. It has a beverage area for water, coffee, hot tea iced teas, punch etc. This is all included in yur cruise...not an additional expense. I believe also that during 'pool' BBQ's...they use this area to set up some of the foods. There are tables and chairs in this 'outside' area. If my memory is correct, this is right outside of the 'midship' entrance to the ship's Lido buffet eatery named the Paris Restaurant.

Hope this helps...happy cruising.

Victoria III 4/99 (Yangtze River)

Maasdam 5/00 (W.Med) & 11/01

Veendam 10/00

Zaandam 5/01 (Alaska cruisetour)

Millenium 12/01 & 10/03 (transatlantic)

Amsterdam 5/02 (transcanal)

NCL Star 12/02 (Hawaii)Paradise 3/03

Noordam 4/03 (transatlantic)

NCL Dawn 8/03

Regal Princess Elaine 3/04 (Yangtze River)

On the Paradise, the "snack bars" are the grill areas outdoors near the pool. They serve burgers, hotdogs, fries, etc. during the day. There are also self serve drink fountains (punch, lemonade, ice tea, apple juice) that you can use 24 hrs./day. There is no charge for any of this.

The "snack bars" are just outside the Paris Restaurant...the buffet on the lido deck. It also has drink stations and free soft serve ice cream 24 hours a day. The "pizzeria" is at the very rear of the Paris Restaurant and has the BEST pizza...all day and all night!!! Makes a great bedtime snack...we would take ours to the aft decks and watch the wake of the ship in the moonlight as we enjoyed the food!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff0000&cdt=2004;6;13;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500 till we are in Paradise again!

Paradise 6/2004

Paradise 6/2002

We were on the Paradise last month (03-04) traveling with our 17 yr. old son. Believe me, he never went hungry! There is always food older teenage guys like to eat....especially the pizza - the absolute BEST ever!

You'll love the Paradise...have a great cruise!

Archived