NCL Food ?

Cricket1997

It seemed strange to us that people can come back from a cruise, and remember every single detail about every meal, and complain about it profusely.

The things which we want to reminisce about are the cruise itself.

The beautiful Spirit - which by the way, we examined from end to end, and top to bottom, the ports visited, the people we met during the cruise, the pure exhilaration of standing on deck while enjoying each new sight along the way. The glaciers, the local people, the joy of being together, on a wonderful cruise line, and much, much more - it all lingers in our memories.

The food is a thing of the past. It wasn't important while being consumed, nor is it important today. We ate! What more can we say - we didn't go hungry, gained some weight, so how bad was it. Not bad at all!

stands up...and applaudes. :D

The good news is that Red Lobster, located across the street from a really good local seafood place in Hyannis, closed down. The bad news is it was replaced by an Olive Garden. But then Cape Cod doesn't have the Italian restaurants of a Boston, New Haven, or New York--sad to say.

Personally I miss the Red Lobster in Hyannis as I love the cheddar bisquits, but would eat my seafood at Cookes accross the street first. LOL

as for the Itallian have you tried Amari bar and Restorante on 6A in Sandwich?

Same thing happens with Red Lobsters in Florida, which are filled to capacity by out of state tourists who don't go to the local seafood restaurants for the same reasons I offered above.

The Red Lobster in north Fort Lauderdale seems to be full of locals......(as does the Olive Garden).

I think it also depends on location and PR, not everyone is a "foodie". I find the food at the chain places quite adequate and it's also a fun, familiar environment.

We were visiting last evening with our son and his wife who we cruised with in September. I mentioned all of the hoopla about food on the CC boards.

Each of us tried to remember what we were served several times on the ship, and lo-and-behold, we couldn't remember anything except a few exceptional meals, and the waffle bar, the great selection of food, and the wonderful service.

None of us had complaints, and we all concluded that the food was just fine.

It seemed strange to us that people can come back from a cruise, and remember every single detail about every meal, and complain about it profusely.

The beautiful Spirit - which by the way, we examined from end to end, and top to bottom, the ports visited, the people we met during the cruise, the pure exhilaration of standing on deck while enjoying each new sight along the way. The glaciers, the local people, the joy of being together, on a wonderful cruise line, and much, much more - it all lingers in our memories.

The food is a thing of the past. It wasn't important while being consumed, nor is it important today. We ate! What more can we say - we didn't go hungry, gained some weight, so how bad was it. Not bad at all!

Sailaways,

You've remember all of the important things.... That is the cruise experience that is enjoyed the most. It is what you make it.

Jackie

:cool:

We were visiting last evening with our son and his wife who we cruised with in September. I mentioned all of the hoopla about food on the CC boards.

Each of us tried to remember what we were served several times on the ship, and lo-and-behold, we couldn't remember anything except a few exceptional meals, and the waffle bar, the great selection of food, and the wonderful service.

None of us had complaints, and we all concluded that the food was just fine.

SailAways - you make far too much sense! You should be ashamed of yourself!;)

And don't you know that it's possible we could be on "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" someday, and the menu we had before could come up as a question???

Hope all is going well in Big Sky Country!

Hikini:D

Not all of their dining rooms, but Royal Caribbean has Johnny Rockets on their ships. I think it is only a matter of time before we see more of this industry wide.

Is that also the day that we will see Walmart etc as ships stores?

I, for one do not want my food cooked by a 15 yr old, 'cos thats what you get with these junk food restaurants, at least cruise line foods are run by

proper chefs!

SailAways - you make far too much sense! You should be ashamed of yourself!;

And don't you know that it's possible we could be on "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" someday, and the menu we had before could come up as a question???

Hope all is going well in Big Sky Country! Hikini:D

Aw Gee, you make me blush.:p Thanks Hikini.

All is well in Montana - Just another glorious day in Paradise!

Do they serve the same food on all their ships? The food on the POAM was OK, except in the dining room(skyline) I`m sure I had higher expectations there.

The menus may all be similar but that in no way implies that the food will be judged as similar in quality. It's no different than finding varying levels of quality between chain restaurants or even fast-food franchises. The chef in charge is probably the biggest factor for differences in quality, but the food preparers themselves also matter. I have read reports of food quality varying a great deal from ship to ship within the same fleet. In fact, it's not all that unusual to read that food quality has varied between sailings on the same ship - possibly the result of key personnel being on vacation, being transferred, or simply having a bad week.

The Red Lobster in north Fort Lauderdale seems to be full of locals......(as does the Olive Garden).

Mind you that about 60% of Fla "locals" this day and age arrived from the Northeast and Midwest, many as recently as yesterday, with food tastes already established, thus their patronage at chain restaurants they're familiar with...especially in Broward Co.

Mind you that about 60% of Fla "locals" this day and age arrived from the Northeast and Midwest, many as recently as yesterday, with food tastes already established, thus their patronage at chain restaurants they're familiar with...especially in Broward Co.

Exactly!

Archived