Super Shopper kicked off Elation last week???

jimcald

When we were on the Elation last November, a lady did the shopping talk and I can't remember her name - maybe Christie? I have it at home. Anyway, she had a little stand on the Promenade or Verandah deck where she gave out coupons to the different shops in port. She was okay and, of course, talked up all the shops that Carnival uses in the different ports. I guess she was replaced by someone else later on. Most of those talks are pretty much the same. We've heard the Cozumel talk 4 times now and they're all the same. Sit up close to catch the "throw outs".

Celebration - 9/99
Inspiration - 12/00
Jubilee - 10/02
Elation - 11/03

We did not go to the super shopper talk but saw enough times on the closed circuit television. Amongst the Diamonds International and other tanzanite pushers, I was surprised to hear him mention one of my favorite shops in Cozumel - Kiss My Cactus. If you're going to do any shopping in Cozumel, go to this store. They have a tequila bar w/free samples and a great pearl boutique inside the shop w/GREAT (and I'm cheap) prices on pearl neclaces and other things.

I guess we'll never know what happened to the super shopper!

Elation - April 11, 2004
Jubilee - May 2003

Archived