Question Reqarding Q Suites

sfvoyager

I am still trying to make up my mind whether to splurge on a Q Suite...it is really somewhat beyond my budget.

I realize it is larger than P Category Suites, and I read all the threads about the differences in the Grills, and the Butler.

I have always thought of a suite being two distinctly seperate rooms, and that doesn't seem to happen until even beyond the Q category.

Does the Q category suite have a curtain dividing the bedroom from the "sitting area"?

I have two Q5 cabins booked for the June 9 crossing from NYC to Sounthampton (two parents, two kids, and a nanny). I choose the Q over the P because a) I am spending a fortune as it is so why not go "all the way" and b) via AMEX platinum travel I might be able to upgrade into a larger Q suite. I originally had one Q5 and an inside cabin for the kids and the nanny, but it became evident that we would never be able to dine together unless we always ate in one of the "other" dining rooms (like Todd English, etc). That would be a waste of the Queen's Grille restaurant.

I traveled in a Q5 suite a couple of years ago and am crossing again this July in a Q5. While there is no curtain (tacky anyway), the cabin is spacious and there is a distict separation between the sofa and the bed. There is also a separate area for a dressing table, a walk-in closet, a very large bathroom and a nice bar area near the entrance. You'll be very happy.

Archived