Changing number of guests in room

iria64

We are in the pre-planning stages of a 2021 cruise.

Right now we are planning on 4 guests but one is questionable.

If we change the number of guests in the room from 4 to 3 would we lose the room we selected?

I know there might be some sort of penalty on the deposit but we are going with a group and and don't want to be moved to a different part of the ship if one traveler has to cancel.

It is possible depending on the configuration of the room and if they can move you to a 3 person room to open up a 4 person.  Though in my head I can't see that type of configuration.  You may just want to call you PVP and ask, or if you don't have one, just Carnival CS.

31 minutes ago, iria64 said:

We are in the pre-planning stages of a 2021 cruise.

Right now we are planning on 4 guests but one is questionable.

If we change the number of guests in the room from 4 to 3 would we lose the room we selected?

I know there might be some sort of penalty on the deposit but we are going with a group and and don't want to be moved to a different part of the ship if one traveler has to cancel.

I have had this issue before and Carnival's policy is that if you reduce the number of guests they reserve the right to move you to a room for the # of ppl (3) within the same cat (4D, 6C, 8B etc.) or upgrade you to the next level up within your category.

I  booked during the $50 ES deposit sale and then waited to cancel the 4th person closer to final payment, to avoid being moved. By that time, inventory is usually limited so the likelihood of being moved is slim.  Also, if you choose a category that has a likelihood of being sold out by around final payment,  there is nothing available to move you too.

Cancelling the 4th person forfeits the deposit, but I since I usually book under ES reduced deposit, I'm only out $50. (Not sure what happens if you book under refundable deposit promos.)