RCCL Navigator 12/17 Wedding Review

bbear

Our wedding day was Fantastic. I have to say that I wouldn't have changed a thing. We worked with Robert from Royal Romance beginning about a year in advance of our date. He was great! We worked mainly through email after our initial phone conversation that got all of our particulars set up, we got the symphony package. He responded quickly and got us all the information and answers we were looking for, even after the wedding. I can't say enough about how easy it was to plan our wedding. He even managed to cancel a salon appointment for us at the last minute, when my matron of honor decided to cut her hair short.

The day of the wedding, I went to Panache to have my hair done. I took a picture with me and the stylist did a great job. The limo was there just as I was finished and he took me to the port. The rest of our 22 sailing guests arrived with the groom using the Baymont Inn's (on LeJune Rd) shuttle service. They were fantastic too! Eva helped me to get a lot of little details squared away with only a few phone calls. I had my OOT bags, which I hand made, shipped there and we put the treats in them the night before, then handed them out to the guests as they arrived, the day before sailing.

Royal Romance was waiting for us at the check in area. Our entire group, having arrived together got through that process swiftly and we were moved to the front of the line. Our wedding coordinator Tara and our officiant Augusto were there to go over the happenings of the day.

The boat was delayed by a bit getting the previous cruising passengers off, so once we got our sea passes we waited as a group to get on the boat. During this time I put on my makeup in the bathroom, Tara was keeping us informed about everything. Once the boat was cleared we boarded, there were three weddings that day so all of the wedding parties got to board first. Tara took us to our room, all of our guests rooms were ready too. At that point, my matron of honor came to our room and we started getting dressed. Groom and his best man went to his room and got in their suits. The guests made their way up to the chapel and Tara came for us once they were all there and we were ready to begin.

The flowers turned out great. I got the deluxe tropical bouquet for my matron of honor and it was beautiful. I had all white roses, there were probably 2 dozen of them, both of our bouquets were great.

We wrote our own ceremony and vows, Augusto, our officiant did an amazing job. He made the ceremony very personal and intimate. I can't say enough about what a wonderful job he did for us. I think the entire chapel was crying, including Tara.

We brought our own ceremony and reception music on CD's along with our own CD player. Only mishap was that I got the wrong size batteries for the CD player, so we had to do some searching for a plug in the reception location. Tara went to great lengths to find us an outlet, eventually we were successful and we had our first dance as a married couple. Tara was fantastic, she kept everyone informed and the day went smoothly.

The reception was great. We got the lunch buffet with open bar service. The food was fantastic and there was plenty to go around. Although we had 22 sailing guests not all of them came to the wedding, we only wanted immediate family there, the rest joined us for the reception right after the ceremony.

I believe most of our guests were beginning a good buzz by the time we got there. The drinks never stopped and Tara even gave us an extra half hour at the reception since the boat was delayed initially. We had the champange toasts and cut the cake (FYI - since we had desert that came with the buffet we had planned to take the cake up to the dining room that night at dinner - however, since we had cut the cake we couldn't take it to the dining room, so if you want to share your cake later at dinner - don't cut the cake, just fake it for the pictures) It all worked out in the end, they took the cake to our room and we invited all of our guests to our room one evening for cake.

We purchased one extra hour of photography thinking we might be rushed away from the reception. This was not the case at all. We enjoyed our entire ceremony and reception, then headed off with our photographer Richardo to get photos around the ship. He did an amazing job!!! We ended up taking photos until after the boat departed and he used 9 rolls of film! Twice as many as normal. So we have hundreds of fantastic pictures. I can't say enough about how great the photos turned out.

We also got the deluxe video package. It just arrived yesterday, so I'll post more about that later. He did a great job of not being in the way and was extremely nice and helpful.

Oh, I carried my gown/veil on the plane. The plane was full so I just folded it in half and put it in an overhead bin. Everyone was really great about not putting anything else in there. I didn't even have to steam my gown or veil that day, it traveled well.

I would have to say this was the most stress free day of our lives and my husband and I are so happy to have chosen RCCL/Royal Romance. Everyone was so helpful and really dedicated to making our day special.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! For such a wonderful post. Your wedding sounds exactly like I have mine set up to be in 4 weeks. I have 21 quests and I purchased everything you did as well. I hope mine goes just as perfect as yours did. Your post really helped put a nervous bride to be a little more at rest.

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow! It sounds like you had a great wedding. I have also picked out pretty much the same things and will also be on the Navigator of the Seas. I was just wondering if you had to have your pictures taken after the reception or if it would be possible to have them taken just after the actual ceremony.

Archived