Carnival Liberty

ericsharon

We will be sailing onthe LibertyTransatlantic cruise on April 23. Does anyone know if Carnival offers a wine package. I can't seem to find out anything

on their website except for soft drink. Also, if anyone is on this cruise and would like to share a Limo from the port to Rome please advise. The cost is reasonable if you have 6 or more people.

me email address is ericsharon@bellsouth.net

• 4 weeks later...

We are also sailing on that voyage. Looking forward to a good time. We are staying in Rome for 2 days and our friends are going on from there on the euro train through to France. Do you know if there are any other boards for that cruise this is the first one that I have found been looking through them .

Did you check for a roll call for your sailing date?

If you are a member of yahoo there is a yahoo group called "Liberty in the Med" that has a lot of people who are cruising 2006 and some past cruisers from last year who are still active and sharing info.

My husband and I are also on the April 23rd cruise. We did the Med in October with a group of 6. We had a limo to go to the port at the beginning of the cruise from Rome and paid E180 -divided by 6 of course. At the end of the cruise the limo failed to come and take us back to Rome. This was a blessing as we learned that the train ride is 4 Euro!!! A shuttle takes you from the ship almost to the train station. A short walk takes you to the train and a pleasant ride to Rome. A cab can get you to your hotel from there.

We are flying to Paris for 2 days after the cruise and leave from Frankfurt to come back to Gainesville.

The company we used for our whole trip was through a company Mimmoroma@tin.it WE were very pleased from the time we arrived in Rome and saw our name being held up on a sign, to our trip to Civitavecchia to leave on the cruise. However, they were supposed to pick us up a 8am on the day the ship arrived back and they did not show up!! It's a huge company however, and we made plans with the driver himself to pick us up for the return trip. So, overall I would recommend this company and just go through the website to make your plans. They will meet you at the airport, take you to your hotel, pick you up the next day to go to the cruise port etc etc. or just go from the airport to Civitavecchia.

Archived