Formal night fashion woes!

pmlx3

We're going on our first cruise in just over 2 weeks. I have 3 daughters. The 13 year old had no trouble finding dresses for formal night. My almost 16 year old really protested, because she hasn't worn a dress since she was 9, but after weeks of searching, she finally found a dress! So she and her sister tried them on together, and when my 8 year old saw them, she burst into tears. She says her dress isn't fancy enough!

Maybe next cruise will be without kids...:)

I took my first cruise at 9 yo and still have the photo of me in my "formal" dress shaking hands with the Captain. Perhaps this is why I still enjoy formal nights aboard ship, as I have wonderful memories.

What fun for your daughters and, I am sure, for you as well!

Ebay definitely is a great place to start if you know she'll fit a certain size. I got a great sundress from Liz new with tags...Ret.$165, for $16. It is an awesome strapless sundress that I will wear onboard for the Bon Voyage...and then change of course for dinner. :) Good luck and have fun!

We're going on our first cruise in just over 2 weeks. I have 3 daughters. The 13 year old had no trouble finding dresses for formal night. My almost 16 year old really protested, because she hasn't worn a dress since she was 9, but after weeks of searching, she finally found a dress! So she and her sister tried them on together, and when my 8 year old saw them, she burst into tears. She says her dress isn't fancy enough!

Maybe next cruise will be without kids...:)

go to Pennys they have a geat selection for that age group

I may be totally naive on this subject since I have only raised nieces and other people's daughters...what about finding something special about the dress your eight year old already has. For example, it may not be the fanciest, but what is different about it from the other two dresses? Might an 8 year old forget the next day that it is not the fanciest? Or, will saying something like "but sweetie, they are not wearing ribbons in their hair..." Just a few thoughts! Good luck and bless you and your hubbie! When I was that age my parents left us kids at home (there were eleven of us).

Coka

Archived