Ok- has anyone been to Great Stirrup Cay Recently?

2boyzmom

I just looked at the itinerary on NCL web page for our cruise (2/19-2/26 Jewel). We will be going to Nassau instead of GSC, just as you said in an earlier post. Now I'm trying to figure out what we should do in Nassau. Does anyone know if its a tendered port or not?

Curious, where on NCL's website did you find this info? I am on the Dawn 2/2. If you are not going to Stirrup Cay, than I imagine we are not either?:confused:

The Dawn did not make it today. Keep in mind if they could NCL would perfer to go to GSC. They are paying for it , they would rarther have you buy drinks onshore from them, and don't need tha added expense of port fees from Nassau.

The good news they are not taking passengers to an island not in shape to accept them.

Just wondering? What has happened at GSC since May 2005? We tendered there and had a great time! Do you think that NCL may be doing some kind of upgrading there? Maybe some construction going on there meaning they are getting ready to offer more things to do there, meaning more $$$ spent by the consumers? I know that there may be some days that they just can't get the tenders in, BUT it seems to be happening more frequently. Either way, GSC or Nassau works for me!!!

Happy cruising everyone!

Was on the Dawn Holiday Cruise. We stopped at GSC. Could eat, drink, swim, walk around, but the only thing that they had to do otherwise was the "family raft rentals". (big floating devices, could probably put quite a few people on it). No other activities. Kind of boring really, considering before the storms of the past year they had a lot of other activities offered it looked like. Maybe they are trying to get things back in place, and had too many complaints from other guests about the lack of activities? Myself, I had no complaints, it was nice to have a quiet shore day.

Catbiri,

I totally enjoyed the time we had on GSC. It was a totally relaxing day, no pressure to do anything but enjoy the day. Just love cruising! There was not a whole lot offered when we were there other than the barbeque, parasailing. I have learned from these boards that there is plenty to explore there by way of just walking around. If we do end up there on our cruise in April, I plan on exploring more of GSC. A day on a cruise = I am NOT at work!!!

Happy cruising everyone.

I just looked at the itinerary on NCL web page for our cruise (2/19-2/26 Jewel). We will be going to Nassau instead of GSC, just as you said in an earlier post. Now I'm trying to figure out what we should do in Nassau. Does anyone know if its a tendered port or not?

Not a tendered port.

You can walk off of the ship and shop, drink or take a cab to Atlantis (which most of the passengers seem to do). NO problem getting a cab back to the ship...they are lined-up outside of Atlantis.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Archived