Poopy Smell on Serenade??

ravenchic

We were on the Serenade from Jan 14-21. Twice during the week the area near one of the ladies restrooms smelled 'poopy'. It wasn't overwhelming...if you were walking through the area at a normal pace, it only lasted about 5 seconds. I later noticed the same bathroom closed (I'm assuming for repairs). I didn't notice the odor after that.

We were on the same cruise as the OP, and didn't notice a smell in any of the public areas or hall ways. We were on deck 7. We did notice a smell in the bathroom itself, which either went away as the week went on or we got used to it. It wasn't overpowering in any case.

Carla

On Serenade (and other ships as well) we noticed that every time our room was made up, the sink trap was closed. When we left it open after running water, the smell was there.

Cabin steward told us to keep the trap in the sink closed when not in use. Something about fumes and circulation etc..(don't remember exactly) but it did work..odor was gone.

I did see a flood in the toilet in one of the ladies rooms and when it was being cleaned I couldn't believe all the paper towels that were pulled out of the toilet.

We recently cruised on the Monarch of the Seas. I have been on dozens of cruises but never have we had the awful smell our bathroom had. Our daughter in the next cabin did not have the smell. We were deck 8 forward.

It was really tough holding our breath in the bathroom. I didn't even put our personal items out in the bathroom. It was so bad that after shampooing my granddaughters hair it smelled like the odor. Kinda like bacteria or something.

The room steward played dumb when I asked him about it. But then again he also left dirty kleenex in our sheets, never put up clean towels in the morning, or provide us with crown and anchor immenities.

We still had a good time but it never felt "clean" in our cabin.

We took the Serenade of the Seas on Jan. 7 -14th leaving from San Juan. I swear it there were definite wiffs of poop outside on the decks on most days and nights. I kind of avoided being outside after that (gee, why didn't I want to play putt-putt?) . Also, the smell was in our bathroom (no not from us!) and our friends complained about it in their cabin bathroom as well. Has anyone else noticed this? was this just a one time occurance? (Don't they have an icon holding his nose?):confused:

This is particularly poopie stinkie when parents bring their poopaloopas /crumbcrunchers on a cruise with them :mad: I had a cruise where twin toddlers were on the balcony suite beside us..stinking all the time with full fecal tea bags. Not to mention they never shut up and stopped screaming most of the cruise. Needles to say we could hardly ever use our balcony.

We were on Serenade Jan 14-21. We had an aft cabin on deck 10. I never noticed any horrific odors from my balcony cabin or anywhere else on the ship.

Mark

Ditto Mark. We had an aft cabin on Deck 10 for New Year's and there was no odor on our balcony or in our cabin. In fact, we thought the Serenade was fabulous and cannot wait until our next Serenade voyage.

Karen

:eek: we sailed on the serenade in December and there was an awful smell around the pitch and putt area,and also the kiddies pool area.it was a smell like raw sewage or even rotting flesh,sorry to be too descriptive,but that is how i can descibe it.It was terrible in port,but it even wafted whilst sailing.luckily we had a cabin right at the front of the ship, but it was quite a challenge to play p&p whilst holding your nose:rolleyes:,ha ha............not put off though,giong on the same cruise next January.

GOOD MORNING ALL

JUST OFF THE SERENADE JAN 21-28

THE SEWER SMELL WAS SOOO BAD SOME NIGHTS WE AVOIDED THE POOL AREA AND BEING OUTSIDE, INSIDE WAS A LITTLE BETTER.

IN OUR BATHROOM TOO DECK 8 , DECK 7 AND OUTDOORS WAS REALLY OFFENSIVE!

APPARENTLY RCCL DOES NOT THINK ITS A PROBLEM, FRANKLY IT MADE ME SICK !!!!!!!!!!!

SHELLY

OK, maybe I'm crazy, BUT....why would anyone continue to cruise and spend good money with a cruiseline that has definite health problems??? I just don't get it. These odor problems are just not acceptable. People spend thousands of dollars to cruise and do not expect to have to hold their nose while in certain parts of a ship. When is RCL going to address this problem?

This is particularly poopie stinkie when parents bring their poopaloopas /crumbcrunchers on a cruise with them :mad: I had a cruise where twin toddlers were on the balcony suite beside us..stinking all the time with full fecal tea bags. Not to mention they never shut up and stopped screaming most of the cruise. Needles to say we could hardly ever use our balcony.

I can not believe you would take a chance in offending so many. If you are so anti "family" cruise, maybe you should try Holland America or one of the other cruise lines that do not cater to families with children. I am sure the diapers on a Senior Citizen cruise smell so much better. They (toddlers) are certainly not to blame for the smell on a ship as large as these.

On every ship I have sailed on (6 times) Celebrity, RCCL and Carnival....around the end of the cruise I smell that poo smell in the corridors when there is about 2 days left of a seven day cruise....must be very common, doesn't seem to matter what deck I am on either. I have never smelled it by the pool though, that sounds gross!

This is particularly poopie stinkie when parents bring their poopaloopas /crumbcrunchers on a cruise with them :mad:

Folgy:

Was it you I recall posting in the past that they would no longer make antikids on ships posting? Something about the passing of a pet. Maybe I'm mistaken

Where has the love gone?

-Monte

Archived