11:40 A.m. Flight Home From Tampa - To Early ?

D&MCRUISERS

This is the only flight available back to my hometown without the price going up considerably. Can I make it to the airport in time from the port or am I pushing it. I'm heading back to GR, Mich and would love to fly right back there. I have many more options at this price out of O'hare but then I have a 3 hour drive home.

Thanks

Doug - Michelle

You should be fine, especially if you're able to do self-assist debarkation. We just got off the Miracle a week and a half ago, waited around and were one of the last ones off, and were still at the airport by 10:00 AM. It gave us over five hours to kill. If you can't do self assist, go to the purser's office with your flight schedule and they will give you VIP tags for your luggage. You'll be one of the first ones off, probably around 8:00. Of course, things can delay the ship from docking early, but chances are, it will be no problem.

On every cruise I've ever been on, I had no problem leaving the ship in plenty of time to make an early flight, except for the port of New York. We were the first ones off the ship, but it was several hours after the ship had docked and customs agents had boarded. We missed a wedding because of that, but I digress.

Anyway, since they usually let people with early flights debark first, I would bet that you could probably make it with plenty of time to spare. If you did get held up, you might be able to get on another flight without spending more than you would by booking hte later flight in the first place.

If it were me, I'd definitely take the early flight!

We got off the MIracle on Jan 22. We had an 11:40 SW flight to RDU. We could not do self assist, but did the early flight deal (the day before bring your flight info to pursers desk and they give you VIP tags). They did self assist first then early flights next. We left the ship about 8:30 with no problems, arriving at airport by 9. Had we known it would be so quick, we would have hung out on the ship a little longer. My mom who drove was off with "regular" people (they don't do deck by deck) and was in her car driving away at 9:25 (parked at pier). Others who disembarked wtih "regular" debarktion were checked in at airport at 10:30.

Archived