Time zone conversion for Sapphire

Need-a-vacation

I've seen that the Sapphire resets their clocks to Mountain time the first night of the cruise. How does that match up with local time in each port?

The change to MST makes the ship clock match local time in Cabo and Mazatlan. Puerto Vallarta is in the CST zone so the ship clock in PV is one hour BEHIND local time.

This was just reported in the thread - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=288927

Enjoy!

One small correction as it was the second night of the cruise they adjusted the time forward. Sunday night, not Saturday night. I would have preferred Saturday night, as it was a long day, and they might as well have lost that hour the first night given how quiet the ship was.

ok - duh! I hadn't read the most recent on that thread. It was actually the earlier remarks on the thread that got me confused!!!

It's all fine and good for them to keep you informed while on ship. But that doesn't help if you're trying to schedule other excursions. :)

Thanks for the clarification.

I did hear some vendors at the pier in PV say they operate on ships time instead of local time (not that I saw many clocks in any of those little stores LOL). Which makes me wonder what time zone the NCL Star was operating in since it was in the same ports as us each day. That could get really confusing if they stayed on LA time and the Sapphire was on mountain time, while PV was a totally different time again LOL.

Archived