low carb options?

jchris50

Does anyone know if there are any low carb options on Celebrity that arent on the menu? Like desserts?

Thanks

I've been watching carbs for about three years...(100lbs lost)...there is enough variety that keeping to low carb is not tough. I don't recall any specified desserts though.

However, I relax and stray a bit that week. It's only 2% of the year...:eek:

You can ask to have a plate of raw veggies and blue cheese dressing on your table every night when you arrive to keep you away from the breadsticks and rolls. I find that a big help. You can also ask for a large plate of steamed veggies each night for the table to be served with your dinner. And you can get berries and whipped cream for dessert. I am told that they will even make the South Beach Pancakes for breakfast if you give them a little notice and the recipe.

You should do okay.

Does anyone know if on the Infinity they have an low-carb rolls or bread? They did have them on the Carnival Conquest and it was a very good find for DH who is a diabetic.

sue

Hey Sue :D

I have never heard them mentioned, but maybe it was because no one at our table asked about low card breads. I suggest that as soon as you board the ship you go to the area where the Maitre d' will located for dining questions (usually in the Rendez-vous Lounge on Promanade deck 4) and ask about it. If they know your table ahead of time, and if they do offer this option, you should be able to have your bread the very first night as well as the rest of the cruise. Good luck! See ya' Sunday! :p

Hey Sue :D

I have never heard them mentioned, but maybe it was because no one at our table asked about low card breads. I suggest that as soon as you board the ship you go to the area where the Maitre d' will located for dining questions (usually in the Rendez-vous Lounge on Promanade deck 4) and ask about it. If they know your table ahead of time, and if they do offer this option, you should be able to have your bread the very first night as well as the rest of the cruise. Good luck! See ya' Sunday! :p

I see you get all over these boards(grin).

After seeing the what in on the menu, kevin is going to see the MaitreD soon after we get on the ship and make arrangements to get the menu every night for the next night. There seem to be a lot of good food, but also a lot of sauces he can't have. I will remind him to also ask about the low-carb breads. There is lots that he can eat, but this will give him more options!!

Packing is all done, except for switching to my HUGE travel purse.lol It holds a ton of stuff and is still considered a purse.

24 hours from now we will be on the ground in Fort Lauderdale!! See you on sunday!!

sue

I see you get all over these boards(grin).

After seeing the what in on the menu, kevin is going to see the MaitreD soon after we get on the ship and make arrangements to get the menu every night for the next night.

Packing is all done, except for switching to my HUGE travel purse.lol It holds a ton of stuff and is still considered a purse.

24 hours from now we will be on the ground in Fort Lauderdale!! See you on sunday!!

sue

Hey again Sue! :D

Bob has a no salt added diet because of his heart, so he always gets the next night's menu to order his preferences. Celebrity is VERY good at taking care of special diets.

You have one of those, too?! :D :D :p

Safe travels! See you Sunday at sailaway or before. Just look straight down from your balcony to deck 7 and you can wave to us!! We are directly below you.

Hey again Sue! :D

Bob has a no salt added diet because of his heart, so he always gets the next night's menu to order his preferences. Celebrity is VERY good at taking care of special diets.

You have one of those, too?! :D :D :p

Safe travels! See you Sunday at sailaway or before. Just look straight down from your balcony to deck 7 and you can wave to us!! We are directly below you.

For a long time I did the special diet thing also and have always had good luck. They always took very good care of me, but I haven't done it on Celebrity.

What I am wondering is how the "special diet" thing will work while we play musical tables? Kevin figures on asking the MaitreD about his.

Cool, I didn't know we could look down on the sailaway party!! Guess it will be very easy for us to get there.lol

You have a safe trip also!!

sue - all packed now!!

Cool, I didn't know we could look down on the sailaway party!! Guess it will be very easy for us to get there.lol

You have a safe trip also!!

sue - all packed now!!

No you, can't look down at the sailaway party--you can look down onto our balcony :p The sailaway party will be directly above you on deck 10!! :D

No you, can't look down at the sailaway party--you can look down onto our balcony :p The sailaway party will be directly above you on deck 10!! :D

DUH......of course the sailaway party is up, up, up!!! My brain isn't working too well today.LOL

sue

DUH......of course the sailaway party is up, up, up!!! My brain isn't working too well today.LOL

sue

We are already in cruise mode--let us be pampered and not have to use those brain cells for a week!! :p :p

I'm a diabetic, so I know my carbs. That being said, if you stick to unbreaded fish, chicken and meat, stay away from the wine, rolls, etc. you should be OK. Of course, bearing in mind that that "sugar-free" doesn't necessarily mean "low carb," if you would like to indulge, make it clear to your waiter on the first night that you would like a "sugar-free" dessert every night. Celebrity makes excellent "sugar-free" cakes, cheescakes and the like and they will always be happy to accommodate you..and you can always use the gym.

Does anyone know if there are any low carb options on Celebrity that arent on the menu? Like desserts?

Thanks

We were on Constellation a couple weeks ago. There are sugar-free desserts, but they are more for diabetic diets than low carbers. However, my waiter brought me a bowl of fresh berries for dessert every night. There is also an assorted cheese plate as well. Hyst ask for celery or veggies instead of crackers.

Eating low carb was very easy from the dining room to the buffets. In the dining room, just tell your waiter what you can or can't eat and you should have no problems.

If you need/want something special, you should notify the Celebrity ahead of time.

Archived