Wedding on the Grand

ldb

hi, i am getting married in November on the Grand Princess and was wondering if any of you have done that, or maybe just witnessed a wedding. i know nothing about this ship, and i am anxious to find out how the wedding could turn out. if ANYONE knows anything, please reply! thanks in advance. LDB:)

We were married on the Grand, by the Captain, in June 2002. Thought Princess did a great job, and would highly recommend it. The only problem we had is that we wanted to join our family and friends afterward, and didn't get a chance to get pictures taken in all the locations we wanted (i.e. on deck). You might want to have some conversations with the photographer beforehand. Princess had a wedding coordinator on board, and they took care of all the details. We did the highest level of wedding Princess offered. The main differences (that I recall) were the type of champagne they offer (we had Dom Perignon) and the type of music (we had a live string quartet). There were several other differences, but those are the two that stand out. I'd be glad to answer any additional questions you may have.

Hi, congratulations for your future wedding,

Me and DH renewed our wedding vows on the Grand, in 2000.

[ 25th wedding anniversary] it was really nice, everything is so well organised and the chapel is lovely, we also witnessed a wedding, everything was so well organised with that aswell, along with the ambience and the atmosphere, everybody was enjoying the moment, of how special a ship wedding is.

We were offered drinks before the service, [ champagne!!] they had buttonholes for the men and bouquets for the ladies, and the ships photograper does all the photos.

It always seemed like one big party that everybody was part of when ever you came across a wedding party, and dont us women love a wedding!

You will both love it all, and the Grand is a beautiful ship.

Archived