First Time: Help with Excursions

tipsnowflake

Hi there,

I will be cruising for the first time later this month, on Royal Caribbean to Grand Cayman. I am not sure what else I'd like to do on the excursion besides Stingray City and some other snorkeling. That being said, RCCL has about a billion Stingray excursions and I am very confused about what is the best way to go. :confused: :confused: :confused:

Does anyone have advice? Any particular RCCL tour (or on island tour) you took and loved? What else should I see?

I'd appreciate any guidance you can throw my way.

Thanks! :D

We just got back from our second trip to GC and have done two different excursions, one through CCL and one through Captain Marvins. The excursion we did through CCL was the Hell, Turtle Farm and Stingray City ($65) and we liked it but was not too thrilled with the island tour. You only have about 15 min in Hell which is just enough time to send off postcards and the Turtle Farm was pretty interesting but I don't think I would do it again. Once we went to Stingray City we new next time we wanted to be in the water because it was so beautiful. When we went last week we booked through CM and did the 3 hour tour which took included two snorkle stops, one at Coral Gardens and the other at the Barrier Reef and then on to Stingray City. They put food in the water at each stop and the fish came to eat. There were so many fish around us and it was amazing. I could really tell a difference booking with an independent company because they really took time with you and wanted to make sure you had a good time. We even had one man on our boat that was afraid to snorkle in the deep water and tried to get back in the boat but they wouldn't let him back in until he saw some of the fish so they got in with him and held him while he looked through the mask. He was very happy after that. This tour was only $40 a person and to me it was worth it and I will book with them when I go back. Sorry if this was too long but I hope it helps.

Joey

For your info Joey,

I just booked Captain Marvins today !! We are sailing on the Star Princess in April and are taking the short excursion with them, to Stingray City Sandbar and one other stop too. Your review was amazing! Denise

Glad I could help...let me know if you need anymore questions answered about GC. I can tell you that the restaurants there are really expensive so be careful where you eat. We stopped and ate at Hammerheads, which is right across from Captain Marvin's, because we liked the deck that came out over the water. We were a party of 4 and ordered 2 fried conch fritter appetizers, 2 burgers, order of fries and 2 drinks a piece and our bill came to $117. I thought that was a bit steep. All of the menu's are in Cayman Dollars not in US so be careful. The fried conch was very good, almost like deviled crab, and I would still stop and try some but next time that is all I will do. There is too much free food on that ship.:D

Archived