Excursion Help!

tjsharktank

I was planning on booking a tour with one of the tour operators on the island (probably A-Z). The tour operators all say I need to book excursions like the dolphin swim through the cruise line but that they can take me on the tour, including to the dolphin cove. When I called Carnival to inquire about this, I asked them (because I'm a first time cruiser) how it all worked - would I get a ticket for the excursion? Would I be able to use it with the tour operator or is it only valid if I take the tour with Carnival? They basically said I couldn't find out until I was on the ship because every island is different. I'm assuming because all the tour operators say we can do it, that is how it's done but I'm uneasy about it because I've never done it before and can't get a straight answer from Carnival. I know others on this board have toured with independent operators and I was wondering how you handled this situation?

Archived